By Midnight Martian
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hold the Moon in your hands. Moon Globe turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a precision instrument for viewing Earth's Moon. Satellite imagery and topographic laser altimeter data are combined to render the Moon with realistic lighting in realtime 3D.
Use the multitouch screen to manipulate the view. Spin above the surface, or switch to Telescope mode to see the Moon as it appears from your location on Earth. Adjust the display time and watch the sunlight shift over the lunar landscape. A "tag cloud" floats just above the surface, labeling terrain features and spacecraft; touch any label to find out more about that feature. Moon Globe also shows you where the Moon and Sun are in the sky with its dynamic sky compass.
This sophisticated astronomy simulation is FREE so that you can learn about Earth's Moon and wow your friends with what your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad can do. For Moon Globe fans, Moon Globe HD is also available with twice the map resolution.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Updated for iOS 7 and iOS 8. iOS 7 or later is required for this update.
• Supports full resolution on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• Slightly improved graphics rendering (since OpenGLES 1.x no longer has to be supported).
• The Sky Compass projection is now based on angular elevation. This better indicates how high the Moon and Sun are in the sky.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 08 October 2014
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 84.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Michael Howard
- © 2009 Michael R. Howard
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.