Ever wanted to know how old your body really is?
Based on 30 years of research, Myworkout GO only needs 37 minutes to calculate your biological age, which is the most important measure we have on physical health today. This workout is for everybody, regardless of your physical fitness, and there is no need for any equipment.
Myworkout GO is based on the world-renowned research from Professors of Medicine, Jan Hoff and Jan Helgerud, from the 2015 Nobel Price winning Faculty of Medicine at NTNU. You do the workout by conducting a session of 4 by 4 intervals. The app teaches you how it is done; all you have to do is press “start” and begin your workout. During the workout you will get notified by audio when to start the high-intensity intervals, and when to slow down for the active breaks. You carry out the workouts outdoors or on a treadmill. It does not get any easier than this!
What should my biological age be, you might wonder. Let me explain.
After you turn 20 years old, your average capacity is reduced by one percent each year. However, it is possible to keep the capacity of a twenty-year-old even though you get older in age. With the right type and amount of exercise, your body could stay 20 years in biological age until you are 80. Imagine, how would that affect your life?
My guess is that you now are thinking: How is that even possible?
The research is advanced, but the answer is simple: High intensity aerobic intervals.
High intensity aerobic intervals is superior to moderate intensity exercise:
- 4-minute intervals are a minimum of twice as effective as any other endurance exercise.
- One interval session a week maintains moderate endurance levels, and two sessions increase your capacity by 0.5 percent per week.
- Twenty sessions of interval training, during a period of ten weeks, reduces the risk for cardiovascular disease with approximately 25%.
- Patients with cardiovascular disease can use effective interval training to improve cardiac function, after an “ok” from their doctor.
Endurance training and strength training does not negatively influence each other.
Strength training improves endurance by improving the work economy.
In other words: This is not just a test. This is a workout methodology that can make you feel like a 20-year-old again, and increase your life span by up to 20 years. How you spend all that extra time and energy, well, that’s up to you!
- Outdoor, Treadmill and Machine workouts.
- Graphs displaying the progression of your Biological Age, and Maximum Oxygen Consumption, VO2Max.
- Workout history, including evaluation of every session.
- New profile screen.
- In-depth information about your health
- Milestones you can work towards.
- Connecting Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor and receive information about your heart rate during execise
Everyone gets full premium access the first week and you can continue using the premium features by purchasing a subscription.
Subscriptions for Myworkout GO (required for accessing graphs, workout history, treadmill 4x4, machine 4x4 and in-dept info about your health) are $1.99 per month. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account.
Subscriptions renew at $1.99 per month unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
If you carry out the test outdoors, your GPS and Internet needs to be turned on to get the right result.
Continued usage of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The biological age test is developed at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Teams/Contests didn't always show correctly for people participating in contests.
Our goal is to help you live a longer life with better health. The way we do this is by motivating and guiding you to exercise in the best possible way.
Got questions, requests or comments?
Contact us at email@example.com or use the Feedback button in the app :)
Ratings and Reviews
Bug in login screen
Just did a workout. VO2 Max: 54. Goal: 60. Hey! This is motivating!
Simple and easy to use
- Myworkout AS
- 69.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Norwegian Bokmål
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Myworkout AS
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version 22,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.