Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts and more. And use change tracking, comments and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text round images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive charts
• Insert iLife photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 5.5.3
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Lacks basic and more advanced functionality.
Here is a list of features that i found missing in Pages.
- You can not use your mouse to select multiple items at once just by holding down the left mouse key (pressing the trackpad) and moving the cursor.
So for instance if you have made a figure of multiple shapes, and you are happy with how they look, there is no easy way to move the entire figure. You have to move the shapes one by one and reposition them to fit.
- You can not add alternating column colors in an easy way, only alternating rows.
- There is no easy way to create mathematical expressions, making the program alot less user friendly for students or people writing mathematical papers.
- When using tables, pressing enter makes a new line within the same cell, and pressing SHIFT-enter does the same. To jump into the cell below you have to press alt-enter. This is especially counter intuitive concidering that “numbers” which is Apple’s equivalent to Excel does not have this strange key-binding, but rather the expected enter skips into new cell function.
- Continuing the annoyance with cells is the fact that TAB is bound exactly opposite (see the previous point), where pressing tab will shift your working cell to the right, shift-tab will shift your working cell to the left, and alt-TAB will actually create a TAB-space.
Some of these things might not seem as much, but they bother you alot when they suddenly arent there.
These are just things I found after using the program for about a day and a half. Think about how much I will notice, once i try to use the program with the same depth as i would expect from other “high end” text-editing programs.
- 189,00 kr
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 21 April 2015
- Version: 5.5.3
- Size: 295 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later