Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Official app of Redningsselskapet (RS) - the RS SafeTrx app allows you to register your vessel and plan your journey on your smartphone.
Registering vessel and trip information could not be any easier. Follow the registration process to start using the app. Finalise the registration in the website with the same login codes. Once your registration details have been saved, you can make your choice from the menu in the app. You may either plan and file your trip (Sail plan mode) or just activate the tracking function of the app (Track only mode).
For filing a planned trip choose your vessel, determine the end destination, calculate the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), enter the number of persons on board and the activity type. Then, using the built-in maps, select a starting point, an optional waypoint and the end destination. Once this is completed simply press the ‘start’ button when you are ready to start your trip.
Pressing ‘start’ in Sail plan mode or just pressing the start button in Track only mode will register the journey details with the RS server and will activate position reporting in the app. At regular intervals the app will send a position report to the server and your emergency contacts will be automatically alerted after the journey exceeds the ETA in Sail Plan mode.
At any stage during the trip you can end your trip, revise the ETA, number of people on board or the destination.
Use the SafeTrx app to:
- Improve maritime trip planning with your own personalised checklist to be included as part of your Sail Plan.
- Activate an Emergency or an Assistance call. (iPhone only)
- Quickly start your trip using the ‘Track only’ mode to begin tracking at a touch of a button. Change the recording interval to save on battery consumption when your track is in progress.
- Store up to 20 trips in your Mobile Logbook and replay trips within the app in video playback mode.
- Use the ‘Explorer’ tool to find nearby port information, VHF channels and lifeboat station information.
- View the live locations of RS rescue vessels through the RS lifeboat location tracker map feature.
- Receive maritime safety messages and marine notices directly from RS through the app and SMS messages.
- Access Maritime safety information when both online and offline.
- Manage profile, vessel, checklist and emergency contact within the app.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can considerably decrease battery life.
This application’s functionality and the information it contains are published on the understanding that end users are to apply their own knowledge and skills in the use of said application. Maritime safety is an extremely serious matter. In an emergency this application’s function and information are not meant to be relied on exclusively. In addition, other reliable information and help from third parties should be looked for and made use of. This application can provide valuable coordinates of the user’s position, as determined by the mobile device used and the GPS system. Mobile devices and their supporting telecommunication networks are, however, not reliable and there is a real chance of loss of connection between the mobile device and the mobile network and / or the GPS system. Nor is there any guarantee that the connection between your mobile device and mobile networks will be uninterrupted. The user hereby agrees to and accepts all risks involved in the use of this application.
What's New in Version 2016.4.3
Updated entries in Nearby Information
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 08 November 2016
- Version: 2016.4.3
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, Norwegian Bokmål
- Developer: REDNINGSSELSKAPET - NORSK SELSKAB TIL SKIBBRUDNES REDNING
- © 2016 REDNINGSSELSKAPET
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.