By Adrian Granados
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Scan, find, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home or office wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates and much more.
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the wifi environment
• Signal strength, noise and SNR time graphs
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Full screen mode (10.7 or above)
• Runs in Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks
LET'S MAKE IT BETTER
If you have something good to say about WiFi Explorer, please share it with others by writing a review on the Mac App Store. If you find a problem or have a concern, please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
What's New in Version 1.5.5
• Fixed crash that occurs when re-ordering certain columns
• Updated vendors database
For tips and support, follow @wifiexplorer (http://twitter.com/wifiexplorer) on Twitter
WiFi Explorer - by Adrian Granados - excellent
I have just installed this app. on my Macbook pro.
So far I am am very happy with both features and performance, but time will tell.
Two small comments:
1. I would like to log wifi performance over an extended time - there seems to be no logging facility.
2. The time stamp on my graph shows only 12hr GMT time and not local time
Finally is there an iPhone IOS version?
Good job Adrian!
- 21,00 kr
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 08 December 2013
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Adrian Granados-Murillo
- © 2012-2013 Adrian Granados
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later