Age of Booty: Tactics
By Certain Affinity
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• 148Apps, "Overall though, Age of Booty: Tactics is a pretty fantastic game. Its pirate theme is appealing and its strategy mechanics are rock solid, even when free players are facing those that have spent money for ship with a chainsaw on it."
• Video Game Writers, "Age of Booty: Tactics is not just a great mobile game, but one of the most involving and addictive strategy titles I’ve played in a long time."
• Cult of Mac, "If you’re looking for a fun, thinking person’s game (aside from the bodacious female captain) with charming visuals and a deep strategic current running through it, Age of Booty: Tactics is a likely port of call for your iOS device."
• iSnoops, "Our verdict: Great!"
• AppsMeNow, "A new, fun, addictive entertainment/board game for your smartphone and tablet..."
Age of Booty: Tactics invites you to a world where the cannon balls fly, the rum flows, and swashbuckling Pirates on the high(-larious) seas engage in light-hearted battle for the world’s most coveted booty. The highly accessible, turn-based gameplay is easy to pick up but impossible to put down, and a true challenge to master.
Choose a captain, build a deck of crazy ships and curses, then battle with thousands of players online. Upgrade your fleet with endless combinations of captains, ships, and curses. Expand your pirate adventure by purchasing additional content in “Ye Olde Store.”
…And just what sort of rapscallions and rogues might you find in Ye Olde Store? How about the scurvy dogs of Rooster Teeth? The stars of the long-running, comedy internet collective will strap on their peg legs and pirate hats to pillage and plunder your iOS device.
From fledgling Deckhands to the most seasoned of Buccaneers — Age of Booty: Tactics welcomes all to set sail for a casual battle against your friends or climb the leaderboards of the Pirate League in competitive ranked matches. Play on the same device with Pass N’ Play or online with Game Center or Facebook.
Age of Booty: Tactics is set in an epically beautiful 3D world from developer Certain Affinity—the creators of the original cult classic, Age of Booty. When not creating quirky Pirate strategy games, the independent, Austin-based developer unwinds by co-developing multiplayer for some of the biggest game franchises on the planet—Halo, Call of Duty, and Left 4 Dead to name a few.
So take the wheel and choose your Captain, assemble your battle-ready fleet, pillage and plunder like a true raider, and most importantly, Pirate—collect that booty.
PLEASE NOTE! Age of Booty: Tactics is completely free to play, but it contains items that can be purchased for real money. You can toggle these purchases on/off in the "Restrictions" menu on your device.
• FREE TO PLAY
• Highly accessible, turn-based gameplay
• Easy to pick-up, but impossible to put down, and a true challenge to master
• Get your armada started with the fearsome Freebooter deck
• Upgrade your fleet with endless combinations of Captains, ships, and curses
• Submit a turn and wait for your opponent to respond or play on a shared device with Pass N’ Play
• Push notifications alert you to your turns
• Challenge your Facebook/Game Center friends or battle random Pirates of similar skill with ranked matchmaking
• Colorful, light-hearted, full-retina resolution 3D graphics
• Did we mention booty?
Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
Having any problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you, just send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.2.3
• Major app stability improvements
• New Rooster Teeth Jack Captain, ship, and curse
• Gavin/Gus Captains and Rooster Teeth ships/curses available
• Social networking improvements
• Game Center integration improvements
• Player win / loss records displayed in game UI
• Misc UI improvements
• Visual performance improvements
• Other misc bug fixes
This is a truly great game. It takes a couple of games to get your mind around the different tactics and you keep learning as you play. This is probably one of the few games I would consider in app purchases even though they are not really needed.
Quits to home screen
The game will download the 15,000kb "additional data" then exit to the home screen. Have tried deleting and reinstalling twice and still nothing. Please fix this as the game looks like a very fun RTS game
1st gen IPad Mini
Really addictive, great fun :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: 31 July 2014
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 58.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Certain Affinity, Inc.
- © Certain Affinity, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 20 Gemstones$1.29
- 100 Gemstones$6.49
- 210 Gemstones$12.99
- 550 Gemstones$30.99