To make your mobile banking simpler and easier than ever, ASB’s Mobile app is loaded with smart features. Whether it’s quick access to balances, paying for that latest Trade Me purchase or temporarily locking your Visa card when you’ve misplaced your wallet, ASB’s Mobile app has it all.
Great features include:
Opening and applying
• Open a transaction or savings account
• Apply for an ASB Personal Loan, or Home Loan
• Join or transfer to the ASB KiwiSaver Scheme
• View upcoming bill and automatic payments
• Create, edit and delete automatic payments
• Create and delete future dated one off payments (bill payments)
• Pay for online purchases at participating merchants
• Pay to an account, saved person or company, email, mobile number or Trade Me won items
• Apply for an ASB Visa credit card or Visa debit card
• Change your credit card type
• Apply for a credit card balance transfer
• Manage your cards including loading your card PIN, temporarily lock your card if you lose it, turn off ATM withdrawals and set spending limits
• Cancel or replace your Visa credit card
Managing your accounts
• Check the balances of your accounts and transfer between them instantly
• View account transaction history for up to three months
• Quick Balance to view up to three designated account balances without logging in or on your Apple Watch
• Set your default account for payments
• Pay off your home, personal or business loan faster with a one off payment
• Get real-time notifications about your account and other banking related activity
• View your ASB KiwiSaver Scheme account details
• Manage Clever Kash, ASB’s cashless moneybox
• ATM & Branch locator
• View Foreign Exchange rates
• Access ASB Help FAQs
• Reset your ASB Login Password
• Optional 5-digit Pin or biometrics access to login faster
• De-register your device
• Choose to stay logged in when switching between apps
To use the ASB Mobile app, you need to be registered for FastNet Classic (ASB internet banking). Please call 0800 MOB BANK (0800 662 226) to register. It’s free to use the ASB Mobile app, but your usual data costs and standard FastNet Classic transaction and service charges will apply.
Give us your feedback via the ASB Mobile app under the Contact Us menu
The ASB Mobile app supports iPad and Apple Watch. Please note that some functions may not work correctly if your device language is set for a language other than English. Some functions may not work correctly if your device region is set for a region other than New Zealand. We recommend you always update your device to the latest operating system. Downloading of this app is subject to the ASB Mobile Banking Terms & Conditions: www.asb.co.nz/termsandconditions.
We will automatically disable Touch ID/Face ID for ASB Mobile, if the biometrics stored on your device are changed.
ASB Mobile requires the below permissions on your device and will only access this information if you use one of the below features:
- GPS location data: This is used for the Branch & ATM Finder map functionality
- Identify phone call status: This is used as we have a function allowing customers to call ASB from the app and to make sure the app works on incoming calls.
- Read contact data of all my personal contacts: We require this permission to enable users to select cell phone numbers and email addresses from their contact list for the Pay to Mobile/Email function.
- Get accounts: This is used for push sending notifications
- Bluetooth: This is only used for Clever Kash (a cashless moneybox for kids)
- Storage permission: This is to allow you to share screen shots of payment confirmation pages if you wish.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app - could be better
Makes simple banking real easy for on the go use.
I’d like to see additional FastNet features brought across. Such as track my spending (coding transactions and viewing the dashboard), reading FastNet messages and the ability to change Save the Change settings. Building the virtual branch contact ( which is fantastic - but only available through Facebook) would be amazing too.
A refresh would be cool too; the core features are solid but the other banks have refreshed their apps and look much cleaner.
First of each month balance? Please X
Great app but hard to track my spending for the month as I also shift money around the accounts and for some reason I find it difficult to decifer how much money ive just shuffled around to whether ive spent it because theres no way to know my balance I started the month with... would be great if there was a first of the month balance to work it out from x Thank you, but the app os very convenient
Needs a lot more attention to detail
The double menu and 8 ways to do the same thing is terrible ui and ux. Someone in ux is very confused about what they want.
I won’t mention the security hole here but the transition between web and app is jarring and not thought through.
Sometimes web content is in the app and other times web browser launched.
Time for a big ui and ux refresh. Please don’t forget about security. Good luck.
P.s. wish it was more like the old windows phone app. That one was awesome.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.