BookLink offers access to the Blind Foundation Library’s digital collection, including:
• over 10,000 audio books
• a range of New Zealand and international audio magazines
• a range of community, regional and national text newspapers.
To use BookLink, you need to be a Blind Foundation Library member. Call 0800 24 33 33 or email email@example.com.
BookLink is compatible with iPhone 4S and later, iPad Air 4th generation, iPad Mini 2nd generation and iPod Touch 6th generation. BookLink supports iOS v8.2 and above.
· New password reset option.
· Play/pause fix in the audio player, addressing an identified issue when screen dims while reading a title.
· Duplicate error bug fixed in downloads section.
Ratings and Reviews
Very poor app
Bad, small, unforgiving controls, not very helpful for a blind person. Incomplete series of books (many trilogies are missing the first part, making it all useless) and a lot of the readers are not native English speakers, this means words are mispronounced and sometimes it is actually impossible to understand what they are trying to read. No editing leads to repeated lines, stumbling by the readers and sometimes such ridiculous things as laughing after a mistake or parts of a page left out entirely.
Very poor app, well below the standards of other free audio book readers available. I don’t understand how a foundation can produce such a flawed product.
Book link review :)
Really good and easy to use accessible with voice over. Siri will open the app but she won’t start the audio that you would like to listen to.
- Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind
- 6.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.