By Egmont UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the original Winnie-the-Pooh stories like you’ve never seen them before!
Read the original WTP/classic stories by A.A.Milne and interact with E.H.Shepard’s timeless illustrations of The Bear For All Ages™.
Since 1926, the stories of Winnie-the-Pooh and his adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood have bonded parents, grandparents and children, which is why we call Pooh The Bear For All Ages™.
Now A.A.Milne's original and classic stories and E.H.Shepard's timeless illustrations of Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore and their friends have been digitally reimagined by Egmont for the iPad and iPhone. Children aged 4+ and adults will delight in the sensitive animation, engaging narration and original music.
In the app you can:
- Read yourself or enjoy having the stories read to you by actor Rufus Jones
- Watch E.H.Shepard's original illustrations transform from black-and-white to colour as you read
- Touch the pictures as you read to see Pooh, Christopher Robin and other characters come to life
To begin your library of stories from the Hundred Acre Wood, ‘We Are Introduced to Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees and the Stories Begin’ is included when you download the app. Another two stories are available to buy within the app, and further stories will be added in the near future.
Within the app you can also purchase a special presentation, ‘The World of Winnie-the-Pooh', which offers essential background to the stories:
- Read biographies of A.A.Milne and E.H.Shepard, together with original photos of them and their work
- Swipe the screen to see how scenes from Ashdown Forest and much more developed from the real world to sketches and E.H. Shepard's final pieces of artwork
- See photos of Christopher Robin Milne's toys and the Sussex countryside that inspired the tales of the Hundred Acre Wood
What's New in Version 1.2
fixes an issue with child lock popup that prevented access to the info section and purchases for some users
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: 03 February 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 399 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Egmont UK
- Text by A.A. Milne ©2013 Trustees of the Pooh Properties Line illustrations ©2013 E.H.Shepard Colouring of illustrations ©1970 E.H.Shepard & Egmont UK Ltd Animation & non-linear elements ©2013 Disney
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- ‘Pooh Goes Visiting and Gets Into a Tight Place’$3.79
- ‘Tigger Comes to The Forest And Has Breakfast’$3.79
- ‘The World of Winnie-the-Pooh’$3.79
- Bundled offer with 2 stories and The World of Winnie-the-Pooh$7.49