Can I have an occasional drink while breastfeeding? How does alcohol affect breastmilk? How long should I wait after having a drink, before I breastfeed?
Feed Safe is based on up-to-date research and official New Zealand recommendations from the Ministry of Health. It has been made available to kiwi mums by WellSouth Primary Health Network.
- Understand the official guidelines and how alcohol affects breastmilk
- Calculate the time till there should be no alcohol in your breastmilk, based on your height and weight
- Find contact details for breastfeeding information and support services
- New: contact details for La Leche League NZ
- A few minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Piece of mind and easy to use too!
I love this app, straightforward and no fuss. Gives you piece of mind about breastfeeding safely after a beer or wine or two. A must have for breastfeeding mums who want to socialise with a drink or two
Doesn’t work when checking in early hours
I started my first drink at 6pm, when it rolls over past midnight you can’t seem to put the right time in.
Also a bottle of wine is 7 drinks but the app doesn’t let you check more than 6.
Great concept but has its restrictions.
- Reach Health Promotion Innovations Pty Ltd
- 25.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © Reach Health Promotion Innovations PTY LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.