Force Fit is a simple way to get fit – anywhere, anytime.
Designed by the New Zealand Defence Force to help prepare new recruits for their fitness test, this tried and tested programme is now available to help anyone get into a great routine in just six weeks.
The app covers a Six Week Challenge that involves a mixture of running and simple exercises you can do at home. The choice of both beginners and advanced programmes means you’ll be able to work your way up from a level that suits you – with routines from just 15 minutes a day (with a few rest days along the way too).
Not only will it help you get in shape, but by the end of it, you’ll also be prepared to meet the basic fitness requirements for joining New Zealand’s Navy, Army or Air Force. It could be the start of your journey to becoming part of a team who need to be in peak physical condition to perform their jobs, every day.
Make fitness your mission today.
- Select from either a beginners or advanced six week programme.
- Watch instructional warm up, exercise and cool down videos.
- Time and map runs, or challenge yourself to a beep test.
- Track and analyse your progress with stats and graphs – and unlock trophies along the way.
- Export your training data easily – so you can easily share your progress with fitness professionals.
- Pit yourself against the actual Recruit Test Requirements needed to join the Navy, Army and Air Force.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Our videos have moved and this update ensures you can continue to easily access all our videos from within the app.
Ratings and Reviews
A couple of issues
This app is amazing; I love the design of the general layout and the idea of trophies for motivation.
However, there are a couple of issues. Firstly, when I try to play a video of how to do an exercise, it never plays. I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this. Secondly, it would be appreciated if the app beeped or something once the timers for the exercises were up. Thirdly, when running, the app doesn't track my distance at all.
If these issues get resolved, this app would definitely have 5/5 stars.
Fantastic app. This really helped me get fit before my intake, I found a huge difference in my level of fitness before and after using the app. Highly recommend!
I’m definitely no soldier but I appreciate this app a lot. I am currently on my way into the Army and think this is a great thing for guidelines as I can simply open the app and track progression and whatever else I need. Cheers NZDF.
- New Zealand Defence Force
- 83.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 New Zealand Defence Force
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.