Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "to-read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
More than 35 million members have added more than 1 billion books to their shelves. No other app combines the power and depth of the Goodreads community with an enormous catalog of books and reviews.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
• View literary events near you.
Introducing improvements to our genre and list pages! You can now:
• Read descriptions of genres and lists
• Browse related genres and lists from categories at the top of the page
• Use the Want to Read button to easily add books to your shelves
Tap on Search to browse genres and lists.
Hotfix release for 3.14
Ratings and Reviews
The best book app
For many reasons but firstly, because it’s the best place to go to find a book reviews. There’s user reviews, comment sections and critical reviews. You can also join book clubs and communities which I suggest everyone does because it’s a great way to converse with likeminded individuals. I hope this app sticks around because I’ll always have it on my phone, it’s become a necessity at this point- all bookworms should have it!
Really good but it had banner ads
I love using good reads and this app is excellent however the app has banner ads. No pop up one or anything like that, the ads aren’t super invasive, however I would be more than willing to spend some money to remove them if I could, however there is no way to do that unfortunately.
Love your work, but-
This interface is terrible. Your platform whether mobile or desktop is relatively straightforward for visitors to use and really difficult for members. Nothing is where you’d intuitively expect it to be and it’s so hard to figure out how to do what you want to. Time for a cms update or something?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.