The Grainfather takes the best brewing practices from craft breweries and puts them into a simple to use, all in one system that anyone can use to brew a professional craft beer or distil spirits - no matter their experience.
The Grainfather Connect Control Box together with the Connect App allows the automation of brew steps without removing any of the fun. You can multitask or simply relax in between stages and be alerted when to return to the next step by your app and/or control box.
Sync your recipes from your Grainfather Brewing Community account to your mobile device. Use the App to select the recipe you want and start brewing. Easy! Plus, add your own brew session notes which sync automatically back to your Brewing Community account so you remember what to change when brewing this recipe again.
• Sync recipes from your Grainfather Brewing Community account to your mobile device
• Control your Grainfather via Bluetooth using your mobile device as a remote control
• Brew a recipe from the App and your Grainfather will automatically run through the steps
• Automatic step mashing
• Change between °C and °F easily
• Set your individual boil temperature (if at different altitudes)
• Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided
• Grainfather specific calculators included
• Import BeerXML recipes straight to the app to brew on your Grainfather (iOS 9 and up)
• Skip to the next step at any point in the brewing schedule
• No advertising!
Click here to find out more about the features of the Grainfather Connect App - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJM3yV3bsQ
Click here to find out more about the Grainfather Brewing Community and how your recipes sync with Grainfather Connect App - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iCaCgbOopI
Note: Bluetooth connection may be lost depending on distance from the Grainfather. If this happens the Grainfather will continue without the device. Once you come back into range the device will reconnect automatically.
Mash and sparge water calculation bug fix
Wi-Fi device bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Grain bill total is wrong
Grain toys does not equate to the actual grain bill.. I assume this also effects the actual sparge/mash measures?! Please fix!!!
I heard others with this same issue....
There is a problem with the heating algorithm as the controller reduces power when it approaches set temperature. So it just sits there increasing and decreasing power and not getting to your desired temperature. So if you do a multistage mash the timer does not start although the temperature is 1 degree below the set temperature. So you mAsh longer than you want unless you watch it. That kind of defeats the point of a programmable controller.
Remote Control ok but needs work
I found the app useful to control the grainfather but found it could load BeerSmith XML files - still working to get this loaded
- IMAKE HOLDINGS LIMITED
- 69.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Imake Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.