"Hairy Maclary felt bumptious and bustly, bossy and bouncy and frisky and hustly".
Hairy Maclary, everyone's favourite dog, is busy chasing and hustling all the neighbourhood cats from Slinky Malinki to Pimpernel Pugh. But when he comes face to face with Scarface Claw, the toughest tomcat in town, it's Hairy Maclary's turn to be bustled, rustled and hustled!
Run your fingers over the text to hear the story and touch any word to hear and see it spoken and spelt. You can even colour in pages of the story and record your own voice. Hear the barking dogs and the ferocious yowl of Scarface Claw, all part of the interactive experience, giving children and parents’ hours of fun. This is not only a marvellous story, but a superb aid for early learning and literacy development.
It was thirty years ago that a small black dog stepped out of the imagination of author and illustrator Lynley Dodd and onto the pages of a picture book. This book, Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy, is now famous the world over and the 20 titles in the Hairy Maclary and friends series have now sold more than six million copies worldwide.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Touch-to-Hear™ individual words spoken.
• Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each and every word.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Paint mode can be used on each story page!
• Paint has a paint palette, brush width, move and zoom, and undo abilities!
• Tap the paint palette icon and tap a color to change the paint color!
• Tap the brush palette icon and change the slider to change the brush size!
• Tap the Help menu to learn how to use a KIWA Book
This KIWA Book includes the narration, text, and user interface in this language:
UK English narrated by Kyle Prior
© & ™ Hairy Maclary and Friends, Lynley Dodd, 2012
licensed by Penguin Group (NZ)
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
KIWA® is the world’s leading production house for experiential digital books. We partner with publishers and other content owners, using our patented technology to bring content to life in revolutionary new digital formats that deepen your child’s engagement and understanding.
Check out our website: www.kiwadigital.com
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KiwaDigital
iOS 11 Compliance
Ratings and Reviews
Not working with new update 11
Will not work with latest apple update
Roll the Arrrhh me hearty
Hey there, great app. I downloaded the app to help me teach my son how to talk, he loves his paperback Hairy Maclary book and this is a great addition. However, the problem is Kyle Prior, his accent is very strong and therefore quite difficult for my 2 year old son to understand. It would be a much better app with either selectable narrators or perhaps a joker with a kiwi accent to narrate. It's hard for me to understand also, some of Kyles words are rough as guts.
- KIWA International Ltd
- 179.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lynley Dodd, 2006 & © 2018 KIWA Digital Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.