YOUR Hogwarts story begins in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, your very own adventure in the Wizarding World. Choose your story, learn magical spells, and duel against rivals in a magical journey.
Explore never-before-seen rooms of Hogwarts Castle and investigate ancient mysteries. Learn powerful magic and knowledge from Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and more. Duel against your rivals and forge alliances with new friends to help you on your adventures. As part of WBIE’s Portkey Games label, this groundbreaking mobile game puts you at the center of an all-new story in the wizarding world.
When your mettle is tested, what kind of witch or wizard will you be? A heroic Gryffindor? A cunning Slytherin? You decide! After all, this is your Hogwarts story.
Magic Spells, Potions & More
- Attend classes to learn and master magical skills like casting spells and brewing potions.
- Unlock new characters, spells, potions and locations as you advance through the years of Hogwarts.
- Customize your student avatar.
Mystery and Adventure
- Use your magical skills to investigate mysteries at Hogwarts.
- Discover the truth behind the Cursed Vaults and your brother's disappearance in an all new story.
Friendships that Matter
- Bond with your housemates to win the House Cup.
- Go on quests to help friends and fellow students…or frustrate rivals.
- Earn respect and build relationships by adventuring together.
Please note that Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is free to download and play, however, you can purchase some in-game items with real money. If you want to limit this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.
Terms of Service: http://www.jamcity.com/terms-of-service/
Check out all the latest news & updates for Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
• Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HPHogwartsMystery
• Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/HogwartsMystery
• Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/HPHogwartsMystery
- Hagrid needs your help looking after Magical Creatures! Visit the Magical Creatures Reserve to adopt Nifflers, Bowtruckles, Fairies, and more! Build trust with Magical Creatures to earn rewards and master Magizoology!
- Fixed an issue with Facebook Login
- Fixed an issue with purchasing items from the Store
Ratings and Reviews
The game allows barely any free story choice. Everything you do is based of off tapping symbols. The ENERGY IS MISERABLE. You spend most of your time not even playing the game because you have to wait for energy to reload. You also don’t get to fly the broom and instead you just tap buttons again. This is sad for what could have been such an amazing game. All it does is ask for more money and the customisation is next to none with of course the game asking for more money. The 1 on 1 battles are luck based battles where you can throw rocks at your opponent! I was honestly sad when it came out. The story line is fine but the fact that it takes a lifetime to progress in it makes us miserable. When you play wizard chess you tap meaningless buttons, when you try fly a broom you tap meaningless buttons, when you create potions you tap meaningless buttons and in the duels all it is is luck based turn by turn fighting.
It is a let down to J.K. and the whole wizard series of Harry Potter. A lot of other reviews are 5 stars yet the mainly just talk about everything bad in the game which is disappointing that they wouldn’t reflect that with the stars so you can also see.
Please improve the game (a lot)
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and contribute this feedback! We do take all thoughts and suggestions through our in-app support system found through the settings. If you have any more thoughts or ideas for where you’d like to see the game go, please do write in! :)
Energy system ruins the game.
I am a huge Harry Potter fan and fan of this game! But the energy system is horrible. Full energy only gives you a couple minutes game time and you are not able to finish any tasks and it makes the game boring. It’s very disruptive especially if you have somewhere to go and are on a tight schedule and cannot finish a lesson. The energy system holds up tasks which holds up chapters and it’s just horrible. Endless energy would be absolutely perfect or something along those lines. Besides that the storyline is very exciting and interesting although a little bit more freedom would make it so much better such as establishing more friendships and romantic relationships would make the game more fun and interactive, more like the original books. The graphics are also magnificent and I’d say everything in the game is brilliant beside those 2 things. I love how it also connects to the Harry Potter storyline with characters from Harry’s period.
Please change these things in the next update
I’ve been playing this game since the beta version (I live in NZ so the game was available to us a month before everyone else). In the beta version I was hoping some things would change, like customising characters height and weight. As well as your brothers name to make it more realistic. And how you have to pay 100+ gems for glasses.
When I graduated from year 1 to year 2 I was hoping my character would grow taller and I’m on year 4 now and I’m still the same height as I was when I started. And I don’t see why this isn’t possible as the professors and some of the NPC are different heights and weights.
My character, who looks and is named after me, has a brother named Jacob. None of my brothers names are Jacob. I’m not wanting to create a whole family but it would be nice if I could choose my brothers name - it makes it more realistic.
Also the fact you have to pay GEMS for glasses annoys me. I wear glasses but none of the glasses that are for coins look like mine.
- Jam City, Inc.
- 188.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Jam City
- In-App Purchases
- Handful of Gems $1.69
- Measure of Gems $8.99
- Sack of Gems $16.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.