The ‘Hika Rapid Language Learning System’ is intuitively simple with visual, auditory and kinaesthetic functionality. It supports fun, fast and meaningful translation, education and communication.
The Hika product set is focused on the learning and teaching of te reo Māori and supports the implementation of the New Zealand ‘Curriculum Guidelines for Teaching and Learning Te Reo Māori in English-medium Schools: Years 1-13’.
Hika offers an engaging alternative to textbook learning. Phrases are broken down into interchangeable coloured tiles referred to as “chunks”. The user can explore a language category by swiping the language tiles to create a unique phrase followed by a one-tap translation.
Hika product features include :
· High quality sound files that assist with correct pronunciation and highlight the subtleties of tone in purposeful communication
· Audio playback in male or female voice
· High frequency language patterns for daily use in learning and teaching contexts
· Language patterns that highlight the subtle differences in family relationships
· Formulaic patterns that reinforce understanding
· Cyclical, reoccurring and differentiated opportunities to learn and practise
· Thousands of possible phrases
· Games and activities to rehearse and practice new learning
· Text2Talk and Email2Talk for communicating with friends
Minor fixes for self tests.
Ratings and Reviews
I quite enjoyed hika lite, and found it quite helpful, but after having to re- install the app again to new phone, it's now asking me for a login, with no option to 'create' and reading the other reviews, Thais change or upgrade hasn't been successful 😒
Can't Access Anymore
This was a wonderful app! Very user friendly. Now, you need a login to access (as others have mentioned) but there is nowhere to register. Would be wonderful is someone fixed this!
No sign up page, unsure how this app could have been approved 🤔 , had to rate this app to be able to post a review so please note that the 1 star I selected does not count.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.