By The Hoyts Corporation Pty. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hoyts Cinemas, New Zealand's leading cinema exhibitor is now in the App Store!
Search and secure your movie tickets with ease and speed.
• Get information on all the LATEST MOVIES
• Find your nearest Hoyts Cinema by GPS
• Get the LATEST SESSION TIMES for your preferred Hoyts Cinema
• BUY TICKETS and secure your seats instantly
• Log in and earn points with Hoyts Rewards
What's New in Version 2.0
Version 2.0 represents a major upgrade to the HOYTS Cinema app. We've added many new features including:
- Extended movie information - read synopses, watch trailers, discover cast and access classification and consumer information
- Exclusive online offers
- Customer ratings, reviews and trending movie titles
- Extended information about each cinema
- Select up to three of your favourite cinemas to find out straight away the sessions playing near you
- Choose your favourite seats
- Improved payment options including credit card, giftcard, vouchers or paypal
- Store tickets purchased - from both mobile and desktop (for members)
- Improved member features including earning and redeeming points, rating movies and saving a credit card for faster purchases
- Add movies to your flicks list to be notified when they go on sale
- Tell your friends about the movie you're going to by sharing on Facebook or Twitter
Version 2.1.0 -NZ
This latest update is really hard to use on the iPhone. The older versions were much more intuitive and quicker.
The selection of the cinema you like is a real pain compared to the older versions. The map selection is not very precise, much easier having a list. Which I later found is in this version but you have to scroll down to find it! Multiple selection of cinemas doesn't seem to return a proper list of times for the selected movie for those cinemas.
On the whole a step backwards in user friendliness.
The worst app I have ever download
It's not often I post reviews but feel compelled to report that this is the most user unfriendly app I've ever had the misfortune to download. Finding simple information like movie times is a mission in itself. Whoever designed it needs a change of career. Never thought an app could put me in a bad mood but this one has succeeded.
On the plus side it's saved me twenty dollars as I can no longer be arsed going to the movies.
Useless application now - Don't upgrade!!
This used to be a fast and intuitive app. The new version brings exactly the opposite. Too slow, doesn't work properly and hard to find what you need.
Definitely a huge step on the wrong direction.
Try gathering some user requirements before working something radically new!
Don't install this app. Use internet instead.