Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors
• Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country
• Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access
• Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
What's New in Version 3.2
iBooks has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
Crashes and burns (the eyes)
Update: If on one page for more than a certain length of time, the page goes blurry, and you can't get that page to go clear again without completely killing the App and then restarting.
Horrible design which literally gives you eye-strain. Yes, I meant literally. It actually does give you sore eyes. Plus it's buggy as. This is the type of thing a 13yr old computer studies pupil could turn out. I expect more from a company I paid almost a thousand dollars to, so that i didn't have to look at or use designs created by or for kids. This just makes me want to throw my iPad through the nearest Apple store window as a protest against consumer abuse. p.s. they forced me to give it one star. I would have given ot negative five, given the opportunity.
I'm just curious once I delete a book y does it stay In my library perhaps u could create a separate folder option to remove books from main library as I find it annoying to scroll threw every book I've read or just make it that books deleted can be re downloaded from the cloud rather then having only the cover in the way
Other than that I love I books .... Always having a book in my palm is the best
I like the app, but I am currently experiencing a problem:
I downloaded a book, but then deleted it, and now no less then seventeen versions of it have reappeared in my library and only one of them is able to be deleted and the rest stay there no matter how hard I try. But even if I delete the one that is able to be deleted, it is usually quickly replaced by another, and sometimes even more than one copy. Please fix it :(
- Category: Books
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.