SKY GO opens up new ways to watch TV and is loaded with easy to use features. Matched to your SKY subscription, you can catch up on On Demand titles or download content to watch when you’re offline.
• Watch up to 29 different live channels* (including 4 SKY Sport Pop-ups), depending on your subscription
• ‘Download To Go’ allows you to download up to 25 titles at a time to your device to watch when you’re off line depending on your subscription
• Bookmark up to 50 shows with ‘My Watchlist’
• Hundreds of catch up titles from more than 30 channels, depending on your subscription
• Over 80 seasons of ‘Box Set’ shows
• Featured recommendations from SKY
• A handy 7-day programme guide
• Remote Record your favourite programmes so you don’t miss anything
• Set programme reminders to your device
• Keep content family friendly with parental control settings
• Free for all customers with a SKY box in their home and with at least the SKY Starter package
• Available wherever you have an internet connection in New Zealand
The SKY GO App is supported on iOS Phones and Tablets. You can register to watch SKY GO on three devices per SKY account and you can watch on one device at a time.
For more information visit the SKY GO website www.skygo.co.nz/support/all_about_sky_go/
Winter is coming... well pretty much here, so stock up on Dragonglass, sharpen your broadsword and update your SkyGo app with the following improvements:
- player upgrade
- improved support tools
- minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This took way too long.
It’s about time you guys added on demand content it took way to long, even the update for the iPhone X took really long, it’s been 6 months. But I have to say the app looks pretty good now and have yet to have any problems with it, live streams seem to load pretty fast and so does the on demand content. But Airplay and/or chromecast support is still missing and would give this review a 5 star, but the lack of support for it and your outrageous prices still compared to other services bring this down to a 3.
Come on It’s 2018 it’s time to give us multiple streams and casting support, NZ is In front of AUS in internet capacity and reliability due to fibre and we are still stuck on 1.5Mbps for a high quality stream which isn’t a very good quality to be honest, and not to mention the 30 seconds delay behind actual live tv.
Foxtel has 7.0Mbps for their highest quality when steaming and they also have chromecast support, I’ve also heard that they have only a 5 second delay for live tv.
it’s time to move forward and the internet is the way.
Download not working
My download to go worked perfectly when you first added it & it was great. Since your last update i can now no longer download anymore shows. It tells me there is ‘No Internet Connection’ i am connected to Wifi at home and also have my phone data. I can still watch the episodes by streaming them but downloading them is not working.
Was a great thing that I really loved for about a week but now I feel let down by sky tv again & im at the point where I am considering canceling my sky subscription. Very disappointed loyal sky customer for about 15 years! =(
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for letting us know about this issue, I can imagine that its quite frustrating. Is there a chance that you are using a work device with some sort of security app installed?
For us to be able to look into this further we’ll need get some more details, including device model and App version. You can send this via the SKY GO App - Settings>Feedback, and one of the team will be in touch to help.
Great recent additions, but still room to improve
Good app and the recent on demand addition works very well. However you should add the listings for all the channels to the TV Guide. I understand that you’re trying to just show the channels that are available to stream in the app. But you could show this option in a pulldown menu. Why switch between 2 apps when 1 app could do it.
- SKY Network Television Limited
- 82.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 SKY Network Television Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.