By Michael Brough
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Every individual element of Imbroglio’s design coalesces into an elegantly complex whole. Nothing is out of place. It’s the kind of game that I just want to think and talk about all the time." - Pocket Tactics review
Survive in an ever-shifting labyrinth filled with vicious monsters and valuable gemstones. Choose your hero, arm them with magical weapons, spend runes to invoke special powers, and fight for a high score in this deck-building tactics game where the deck is the dungeon.
At least four enigmatic enemies to battle.
Eight different heroes to play as.
Thirty-two weapons to level up.
Finalist for Excellence in Design, Independent Games Festival 2017.
Named best game of 2016 by iPhone GameCast.
Named one of the ten best British games of 2016 by Kotaku UK.
Honorable Mention for Best Mobile Game in Game Developers Choice awards 2017.
What's New in Version 1.04
- Arcane Hourglass: now displays the number of turns until an enemy will reappear.
- Forged Sigil: extra rune per level, damage dropped to 11111.
- Rusty Caltrops: damage profile to 11122, stun moved to IV.
- Whetstone: now only affects adjacent weapons in the same row.
- Brainspoon: controlled enemies may use Skeleton Key to move through walls.
- Brainspoon: fixed crash when controlled enemies attempt to attack through a wall.
- Wicked Thorns, Ixxthl's Ring: percentages adjusted to 12/25/37/50 (were 10/20/30/50 and 15/25/35/50).
- Dream Wheel: changed interaction with Simon Rainbow Jester's second gem; now neither gem will move further away.
- Amulet of Immortals: with multiple instances, a random one is triggered (Chaos Oracle Molly can spend a rune to choose).
- Bonesnare: multiple instances trigger in random order (affects Masina Rebel Queen; Chaos Oracle Molly doesn't choose).
- Jeska Nomad Witch: power changed to "curse a random enemy" (was "curse nearest enemy").
- Chaos Oracle Molly: enemies are now more likely to spawn at their usual gate.
- Dominic Twice-Bitten: no longer stuns friendly ghosts or enemies controlled by the Brainspoon.
- Ossuary title image displayed sometimes on startup not just when purchased.
- arrows displayed for controlled ghosts's ability to move through walls.
- fixed a bug in scrolling weapons at bottom of screen.
- hit effects say "after" to clarify some interactions.
- swapped unlock order of Dice of Omens and Arcane Hourglass.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 31 January 2017
- Version: 1.04
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Brough
- © 2016 Michael Brough
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Imbroglio: Ossuary$2.99