One of the world's most popular nature apps, iNaturalist helps you identify the plants and animals around you. Get connected with a community of over 400,000 scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! What's more, by recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature. iNaturalist is a joint initiative by the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society
• Discover species new to you both near and far
• Record your own observations and share them with the community
• Receive suggestions and crowdsourced identifications of what you've seen
• Discuss and help others identify what they've seen
• Follow projects comprised of smaller communities and fellow citizen scientists passionate about a particular place and/or species
Ratings and Reviews
Nature watching made easy
This is an easy way to take photos of any species and get then identified. It works seamlessly with my NatureWatch NZ account too which is great!
Great Kereru count
App hard to use on iPad. Trying to record observations with partial success. Would love to use it more.
The app keeps crashing and won't use existing photos.
Developer Response ,
Can you try the latest version of the app? We've recently fixed a few bugs in our use of the iOS photo library that should make your experience better. Also, if you email email@example.com we'd be happy to help debug this as best we can to fix the problems you're running into.
- iNaturalist, LLC
- 37.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 iNaturalist, California Academy of Sciences
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.