Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, including new releases, bestsellers, Kindle Exclusives, and books by Australian authors.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Get popular books, children's books, cookbooks, and textbooks with high-resolution color images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.10
Performance and stability improvements.
Immersion Reading is Amazing!
If you haven't tried it yet I'd suggest you give Immersion Reading a shot. Buy the Kindle version and you can usually get the audiobook at a discount.
You can listen to the audiobook on both Kindle or Audible, but through Kindle you can read and listen at the same time. Pages turn automatically, so you can just sit back and relax while a master storyteller weaves a tale of your choosing.
My only complaints are that not all books have this feature. But there are a lot of books on Amazon, so I'm sure they are working on it!
Also, unlike Audible you can't choose the time for rewind. It's locked at 30 seconds, which is a bit too long if you just missed a previous sentence or want to hear it again. Yeah, I can pause and read it instead, but sometimes I want to use it more like Audible without the reading. I don't want to have to stop and open Audible. I hope they fix that in a future update.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 08 July 2015
- Version: 4.10
- Size: 92.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.