LactMed, part of the National Library of Medicine's (NLM) Toxicology Data Network (TOXNET®), is a database of drugs and dietary supplements that may affect breastfeeding. It includes information on the levels of such substances in breast milk and infant blood, and possible adverse effects in the nursing infant. Suggested therapeutic alternatives to those drugs are provided, where appropriate. All data are derived from the scientific literature and fully referenced. Summaries of the reported information are provided and include links to other NLM databases. Supplemental links to breastfeeding resources from credible organizations are also provided.
-minor bug fixes
- National Library of Medicine
- 15 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 National Library of Medicine
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.