Math Slide: hundreds, tens & ones is a multiplayer game helping children understand hundreds, tens and ones; numbers up to a thousand. Players learn by sliding tiles into the center to match an answer, equation or image. The player who slides their tiles first wins.
Understanding hundreds, tens and ones is a key math concept critical in a child’s development. Progressing from numbers up to a hundred, understanding place value and using number facts with large numbers is difficult for many children. This app is specifically designed to help children make this critical progression in a fun way.
• Multiplayer game, suitable for one, two, three or four players
• 10 games all focused on the same key math concept
• All games can be played twice for free
• Each game is a little harder than the previous game
• Game 1 and Game 10 can be used to work out if the app is at the right level of difficulty
• The app focuses on a critical math skill vital for success
To work out if this app is at the right level of challenge try Game 1 and Game 10. If Game 1 is too hard or Game 9 is too easy this app is not at the right level.
The free version of this app allows each game to be played twice before a decision needs to be made to purchase an upgrade to unlock all of the games for unlimited play. Games 1 and Game 10 can be played unlimited times for free.
How to Play
1. Select a game to play
2. Players join the game by clicking on ‘Join’
3. Click ‘Start Game’, wait for the count down, and play
4. Slide a tile into the center to match, first tile into the center wins
5. The first player to use all their tiles wins the game
Math focus of each game
Game 1 – representing numbers up to 1,000
Game 2 – hundreds, tens & ones: 800+20+4
Game 3 –100+100+10+10+10+10+10+1+1
Game 4 – words: 6 hundreds, 0 ten and 5 ones
Game 5 – representing numbers up to 1,000
Game 6 – hundreds, tens & ones: 12 tens, 78 tens
Game 7 – hundreds, tens & ones: 500+2, 300+40
Game 8 – hundred, ten or ones more or less: 263+10
Game 9 – ten and one more or less: 692+10, 370-1
Game 10 – add and subtract hundreds, tens & ones
Math Adventures is a New Zealand company helping children learn mathematics. We develop apps that focus on the key concepts that need to be fully understood to progress and succeed in mathematics. Our apps range from learning to count up to understanding and using fractions and decimals, with each app focusing on one key concept or skill.
• Everyone can learn mathematics
• Playing educationally rich games and apps improves understanding
• Learning math should be fun and exciting, a rewarding adventure
Our growing variety of apps is research based and classroom tested to make sure they help children learn.
Math Slide is part of our ‘play and learn’ series, which are games high in educational value where children learn as they play. We are also currently developing ‘learning’ apps which use the power of the iPad to help children understand and learn key math concepts and to unravel misunderstandings.
Improved performance: the app now starts up super-fast.
Added Chinese language support. 太好了!
Ratings and Reviews
I have had some issues with this slide game...
it gets stuck sometimes (most recently after I played level 1), I deleted and downloaded again now it seems better but I have not tried level 1 again.
also I cannot upgrade within the app, the upgrade button is disabled.
also, on level 6 (or maybe it is level 5) the maths questions don't work well. example the question is "one hundreds and 3 t.... " and the rest of the sentence is missing. theis is particularly a problem if there is more than one of yor answers that would fit this question (eg "135" and"138" and "132")
- Maths Adventures Limited
- 18.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Maths Adventures Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Math Slide: hundreds, tens & ones upgrade $1.69
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.