Math Slide: multiplication & division
By Math Adventures
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Math Slide: Multiplication & Division Facts is a multiplayer game helping children to learn and recall multiplication and division number facts. Players learn by sliding tiles into the center to match an answer, equation or image. The player who slides their tiles first wins.
Being able to quickly and easily recall multiplication and division number facts is a key math skill critical in a child’s development. Children are unlikely to progress without learning these key facts. This app is specifically designed to help children learn this critical skill in a fun way.
• Multiplayer game, suitable for one, two, three or four players
• 10 games all focused on the same key math concept
• All games can be played twice for free
• Each game is a little harder than the previous game
• Game 1 and Game 10 can be used to work out if the app is at the right level of difficulty
• The app focuses on a critical math skill vital for success
To work out if this app is at the right level of challenge try Game 1 and Game 10. If Game 1 is too hard or Game 9 is too easy this app is not at the right level.
The free version of this app allows each game to be played twice before a decision needs to be made to purchase an upgrade to unlock all of the games for unlimited play. Games 1 and Game 10 can be played unlimited times for free.
How to Play
1. Select a game to play
2. Players join the game by clicking on ‘Join’
3. Click ‘Start Game’, wait for the count down, and play
4. Slide a tile into the center to match, first tile into the center wins
5. The first player to use all their tiles wins the game
Math focus of each game
Game 1 – 2x, 5x, 10x number facts
Game 2 – 2x, ÷2, 5x, ÷5, 10x, ÷10 number facts
Game 3 – 3x, 4x number facts
Game 4 – 3x, ÷3, 4x, ÷4 number facts
Game 5 – 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, x ÷ number facts
Game 6 – 6x, ÷6 number facts
Game 7 – 7x, ÷7 number facts
Game 8 – 8x, ÷8 number facts
Game 9 – 9x, ÷9 number facts
Game 10 – 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, x ÷ number facts
Math Adventures is a New Zealand company helping children learn mathematics. We develop apps that focus on the key concepts that need to be fully understood to progress and succeed in mathematics. Our apps range from learning to count up to understanding and using fractions and decimals, with each app focusing on one key concept or skill.
• Everyone can learn mathematics
• Playing educationally rich games and apps improves understanding
• Learning math should be fun and exciting, a rewarding adventure
Our growing variety of apps is research based and classroom tested to make sure they help children learn.
Math Slide is part of our ‘play and learn’ series, which are games high in educational value where children learn as they play. We are also currently developing ‘learning’ apps which use the power of the iPad to help children understand and learn key math concepts and to unravel misunderstandings.
What's New in Version 1.1
* You can now play on the iPhone or iPod Touch too. Great for practicing by yourself or playing against a friend.
* Added a timer to single-player games. Try to beat your best time.
* Various other minor bug fixes and improvements.
A valuable tool for all teachers but, as a teacher of the deaf, I believe this programme has great potential for severely to profoundly deaf children (who are unable to easily learn math facts by chanting or by rote learning). Such children typically need to develop other methods which suit their individual learning styles and this app is a powerful incentive to do just that.
Great to use in the classroom, more than one pupil can play and no added advertising.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 19 March 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Maths Adventures Limited
- © 2012 Maths Adventures Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.