MCP Mayan Tzolkin Lite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“MCP Mayan Tzolk’in Lite” is a basic version of the “MCP Mayan Tzolk’in,” the official mobile application of the Mayan Calendar Portal designed to enable you to connect on a daily basis with the energies of the sacred Tzolk’in calendar.
This “lite” version of the app helps you understand the nature and meaning of the Tzolk’in’s essential building blocks—the 20 day signs and the 13 numbers, which, when paired together in all of their combinations, generate the 260 days of the Tzolk’in. This app also presents the 13 deities associated with the numbers, a Gregorian-to-Mayan date calculator, and an explanatory text about the Tzolk’in calendar.
You can now take the Tzolk’in with you wherever you go, without having to log in anywhere. The app works with or without an Internet connection, in wi-fi hot spots or in airplane mode.
What’s so special about this application? While some apps take their day sign and number descriptions from various non-Maya sources, the descriptions in this app are based on authentic interpretations and practices that have been made available to us by the Maya of the Guatemalan highlands.
If you like this Lite version, we highly recommend the full version, called “MCP Mayan Tzolk’in”. It gives you everything the Lite version has, plus the readings of all 260 Energies of the Day, and soon will include full descriptions of the 20 Trecenas as well.
MCP Mayan Tzolk’in Lite features:
• The well-known Mayan Calendar Portal Tzolk’in calendar rings, in full dynamic, interactive mode
• Explanation of the nature, meaning and purpose of the sacred Tzolk’in, including listings of the Tzolk’in’s 20 daysigns and 13 numbers in both Yucatec and K’iche’ Maya
• A calculator to convert Gregorian (Western) dates into Tzolk’in dates
• Full descriptions of the 20 sacred Tzolk’in daysigns and the 13 numbers, based on the traditions of the Maya of Guatemala
• Full descriptions of the 13 deities associated with the thirteen numbers
• Sophisticated, beautifully rendered glyph, number and deity graphics
Since ancient times, the Maya have used the 260-day Tzolk’in as their personal astrological calendar. Incredibly accurate regardless of culture, race, gender, faith, or ethnicity, the Tzolk’in remains, to this day, profoundly relevant to the human experience in general, and to our modern lives and lifestyles in particular.
Unlike the Long Count calendar whose current cycle ends on December 21, 2012, and whose original usage and meaning has been completely overrun by popular notions of doomsday or end-of-the-world scenarios, the sacred Tzolk’in is a deeply personal astrological calendar.
• PLEASE NOTE: This app is currently only available in ENGLISH. The description in iTunes states the app is available in other languages but that is just a default setting of the software used to develop this app and the way it interacts with the iTunes platform. We will inform our community immediately if a new localized version in other language(s) becomes available.
The Mayan Calendar Portal and all of its properties, including the MCP Mayan Tzolk’in and My Mayan Match mobile applications, are produced by LUCITÀ Inc.
What's New in Version 2.38
• Resolved compatibility issues with iOS 8
• Improved performance of text functionality
• Minor bug fixes
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 10 November 2014
- Version: 2.38
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: LUCITA Inc.
- © 2012-2014 LUCITÀ Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.