* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent app for messaging my Facebook friends except for 1 bug that pisses me off quite a bit.
Ok Facebook. I’ll give you tops for an excellent messaging platform. However, today, I found a bug that completely broke my experience. I was editing a picture, with the services you provided, a chef’s attire on myself. I was almost finished when suddenly EVERYTHING WENT BLACK. THE IMAGE DISAPPEARED, MY HARD WORK DISAPPEARED, ALL OF IT. ALL. OF. IT. G O N E. JUST LIKE THAT. WHAT THE HECK, ZUCKERBERG. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS. WHYYYYYY.
In all serious, this is an excellent app for messaging. Having the ability to also do SMS text through the app is also pretty handy.
The current update of the app keeps crashing every time I try and message friends or even read messages. At first I thought it was just friend I was having a problem with but it happens with all my friends! Never had problems with the app in the past and my os is all up to date! Hopefully this bug can be squashed quickly because the app is super useful! Super annoying especially when trying to look at a link someone has sent me and it keeps crashing!
Please do not re-send notifications of messages I have already opened and read. In addition to this, and even more importantly - don’t - notify me of messages that I’ve sent, why would I need to re-read my own message to someone?
Furthermore, would there be a possibility of improving the search function in a conversation so that you can search for a date range? I.e. I may not know the exact date, but I think it was in February 2017 and I want to go to look at the messages that were sent that month because I may not know the exact wording that was used.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 239.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.