MetService New Zealand marine forecasts are now available in a handy smartphone app. The app is free of charge.
- Recreational and Coastal marine forecasts
- Severe weather information
- 7.5 minute Rain Radar
- 3 day rainfall forecast imagery with wind barbs
- Surface pressure maps
- User selected default location which is saved as the Home screen
- Ability to change out background image with your favourite fishing spot
The app does not include surf and beach forecasts or marine maps that are not included in the list above. The app is developed for smartphones and is not supported for tablets.
Full terms and conditions regarding the purchase and use of MetService mobile applications are available here: www.metservice.com/about/application-terms.
Requires iOS 7 or later.
Tides are updated with a variance disclaimer.
Ratings and Reviews
Tides up front
I like the app except I don’t understand why the user can’t specify a tide setting for the landing page so that you can see the tide information with you default weather report.
Wish we didn’t have the adverts
Really useful for checking weather before heading out in the boat.
- Meteorological Service of New Zealand Limited
- 19.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Meteorological Service of New Zealand Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.