MetService NZ Weather Features include:
- Morning, afternoon, evening and overnight icons for 47 forecast areas, set by our meteorologists, to help you plan your day
- Automatically see the forecast and observations that are most relevant to you, by enabling location services or choosing your suburb, town or city
- Customise your weather dashboard and the order of forecast modules
- 48 hour forecast graphs
- Interactive national temperature map
- Severe Weather Warnings and Watches for your location
- MetService TV updates for your region
- Real-time, zoomable Rain Radar for your area, with quick link
- 3 day, zoomable Rain Forecast maps
- Live Traffic Cameras for urban locations
- Widget available
Full terms and conditions regarding the purchase and use of MetService mobile applications are available here: www.metservice.com/about/application-terms
* iPhone X support
* update to 3 day forecast graph key
* bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Update to review
Original review: The old app was fantastic. I liked the content, layout and presentation - and the ability to personalise with photos. This new app has a horrible, dated design, causes my phone to freeze, makes it hard to check forecasts in other places and has ads in it. I can't think of anything nice to say about it.
Update: since the new app was launched, I have cycled between installing and deleting the app several times. Metservice has great content and while the website is good, an app is my preferred channel, so I’ve given it some more chances. It’s good to see the many improvements that have been made since it was first launched; it’s where it should have been on launch day.
I’ll probably end up deleting it again though and sticking with the website because of the little avatar. It’s minor but for me it’s an unnecessary design feature that has bugged me since its inception and now has baggage (and I have asked for it to be removable, at least, previously). I’ll try again in a few months.
Update to previous review
I wasn't happy with the last update, tried to put in a complaint to Met Service but that didn't work. However. Apple forwarded my review to them and their response to me. From their reply to me I have fixed the location problem.
I was impressed by the speed of their response with the solution. The app now works perfectly thanks to Met Service and Apple so I am updating my review.
Hi there, thanks for your feedback about the app. Could you tell me a bit more about why you need to keep resetting the location? The app should remember whether you have location services on or off after an update.
All the weather stations used for observations in the app are MetService calibrated weather stations - is there a particular area or station you have concerns with?
There's also no need to sign into an account to send feedback - just choose the private feedback option. And you can always email us at email@example.com if you prefer.
Great but so dated
I’m going to have a whinge, it works ok on the phone but development has stagnated, where is Apple Watch support? I’ve deleted it because unless the MetService is going to add functionality then I might as well stick with the standard weather app that comes with iOS. BTW, this has been updated in three months, that many months in internet time is eternity - updates need to be regular and address issues from feedback or else people will get the impression you’ve abandoned you app (and in turn your end users).
- Meteorological Service of New Zealand Limited
- 44.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Meteorological Service of New Zealand Limited 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.