My Aurora Forecast is the best app for seeing the Northern Lights and Southern Lights. Built with a sleek dark design, it appeals to both tourists and serious aurora watchers by telling you what you want to know - whether that is exactly how likely you are to see the aurora borealis or details about the solar winds and high-resolution sun imagery. With this app, you'll be seeing the lights in no time.
- Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern and Southern Lights.
- View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
- Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Free push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
- Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
- Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
- Tour information so if you're considering to go to locations such as Iceland, Sweden, Finland or even Alaska or Canada, you'll be able to find tours that we can recommend to you.
- Support for the latest iPhone and iPad (including split view).
- Completely free of charge for all functionality, no in-app purchases.
If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis or australis, this app is right for you. This version is ad-supported and is similar to other apps such as Aurora Forecast., AuroraWatch UK and Aurorasaurus.
Small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Shows only the stuff I need to know
Finding an Aurora App that works in the Southern Hemisphere can be difficult. This is the app I've been hunting for. It simply works. Thanks
Totally useless at the moment hopefully it will improve
- Jake Ruston
- 156.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2017 jRustonApps.com.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.