Welcome to the New Zealand Herald app for iPhone & iPad, designed to deliver the latest and most relevant news to you in the best way possible. Access the very latest in news, sports and entertainment from our award-winning journalists, plus specialist content from Viva.co.nz, Driven.co.nz, Spy.co.nz, Bite.co.nz, WatchMe.co.nz and other sites within the NZME. network - all at your fingertips, wherever you are.
You can now:
- Opt in for Breaking News and/or Rugby alerts
- View all your favourite sections of the Herald – National, World, Business, Sport, Technology, Photos, Video, Entertainment, Lifestyle and Opinion
- Quickly access our NZME Regional local news titles and Herald sub sections via the left hand navigation menu
- Search to help you find the topics and stories you want
- View the latest photo galleries and video in full screen
- Read comments on articles and post your own thoughts
- Share stories via your social networks
- Save and view stories, photos and videos later in your own personal reading list
We are always working to improve your experience and appreciate your feedback. Please send your thoughts, suggestions, questions or bugs via our feedback form at https://nzherald.custhelp.com/app/ask
Updates and Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Breaking news distract me
It is not quick to turn off the irritating and distracting breaking news feature. I have no desire to be the first to know. Seems so juvenile. Having to endure a 30 second commercial before news clips annoys me to the extent I do not watch clips. I just read text where it is available.
Forgetting my password: working through the reset procedure, I have been unable to change my password. After a new password has been given the green tick, using it on log in results in the screen greying out and a lengthy loop starting, with the Herald’s icon fading in and out like a marine beacon, eventually telling me there is a mistake with my email address or password. Since the former is ok, it must be the new password has NOT been accepted. The old one does not work, presumably because it has been deleted in the reset procedure. Useless. Accordingly, I have deleted the app and gone back to reading the NZ Herald at my local library. I have not had anywhere near this aggro with other apps. Oh, and your journalism standards have dropped over the decades I have been reading your organ.
Ads and news feed jumping
The Ads are WAY too long. I can only just manage a 5 second irritation but l do not watch the videos on The Herald because the ads are just too long. I think this stops this app from being first class because l wouldn’t bother watching tv news if I could watch articles on The Herald app. I don’t mind ads & if interesting I will watch them in full but most have no relevance to me.
I read through the long list of articles bit quite a few screens down the news feed jumps back to the top so I have to scroll all the way down it gets tedious.
There are improvements needed, definitely bit I could see The Herald app being my only source if news one day if I can quickly see and watch headlines and breaking news through a busy work day.
Ads make the app unusable
Was my preferred news app despite the reviews. However whoever is managing thier advertising content have screwed it completely. The ads are now rather than “static ads” have now changed to moving content. App is now unusable. It lags something incredible. I haven’t seen lag like this since dial up days. Seriously? I can appreciate advertising content but they have seriously destroyed it. Jerks uncontrollably and doesn’t scroll. Pauses all the time when trying to scroll through the article and try writing them a message to complain to them. I would personally fire whoever is in control of their “mobile friendly” division. Have deleted now. May come back in the future if they can ever sort their digital side. But seriously in this day and age. Sort it out. Not acceptable. Especially for a so-called “multi-media” company. Really disappointing.
- NZME Online Limited
- 36.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.