Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
• Added support for iOS 12.
• Fixed an issue with HTML markup showing in the "Overview" panel.
Ratings and Reviews
Still a better app than Libby!!! The audio book reader is great however...
The usability of searching for books is ok, but finding where they went once borrowed is confusing.
I eventually realised I had to click my 'Account' and then 'Loans' but that isn't set up in the main menu. It seems instead to be set up god knows where.
Then getting back to hear that download meant exiting out of my account, but to then having to reopen my bookshelf. It feels like two different interfaces or two apps in one app. I feel this would be too confusing for many people. It really needs overhauling. Like whay can't the loaned book go straight to my bookshelf instead of that other area?
Anyway the good news is once finally listening to the audio book in the player, it is an excellent easy to use audiobook player. Good bookmarking, good timer, good ability to go forward or back. I very much like the usability of this part of the app. So please don't change that part.
Use every day
This app has been great. At first I only used it for audiobooks and it worked fine but then one day I downloaded an ebook by mistake and was amazed to find it was easy to read on my tiny iPhone. I now have both types of books on the go all the time and hardly ever have a real book. Don't need to buy a kindle. The new version doesn't make it as clear that a book is being downloaded or not which confused my husband. They've tidied up some other bits though and it's very user friendly overall.
Access to audio books opens up library for me
I'm using this app daily, the play function for downloaded eAudio books works really well, combined with AirPods I can't fault it. I can now listen to books at anytime. Interacting with my (Auckland) library app to borrow books and get them into a playable state is a convoluted mess of confusing screens and actions. And it won't load (is not usable) on my iPad Pro 12.9 Gen 2 but works fine on my iPhone and Mac.
- OverDrive, Inc.
- 33.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.