OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read eBooks and listen to audiobooks from your library using OverDrive Media Console on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 22,000 libraries worldwide offer titles via OverDrive, so download the app and add your library today.
· Available 24/7, your library never closes.
· No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
· Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
· A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
· Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OMC and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
· New look. Simplified menus put everything a swipe and a tap away.
Sync recent position and bookmarks across devices using OverDrive One. Please note:
· OverDrive Media Console v3 must be installed on all devices.
· OverDrive Media Console v3 must be authorized with the same Adobe ID on all devices.
· The same OverDrive One account must be used to log in on all devices.
· Titles must be downloaded to all devices.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
· Fixes a bug that prevented the Dictionary from opening.
· Fixes a bug that prevented some users from accessing History.
· Fixes syncing issues with OverDrive One.
· Fixes display issues on the iPhone in landscape mode.
· Other bug fixes and improvements.
Awesome app, really useful if you can't get to a library, its a shame that there aren't more books with digital versions. I know that librarians at my local library really try and make people aware of these great alternatives to paper, but I believe that advertising overdrive to people outside of libraries could help increase reading levels especially for the latest tech generations and those who don't have the time or ability to stop at a library. It's just so convenient to have such a large amount of books at your fingertips. Awesome app!
Why can't I delete after I finish reading?
Generally, I really like Overdrive and find it a great service. However, I am not happy with the latest update as I can no longer delete books and return them to the library when I have finished reading them. I find this very annoying as I am a fast reader and it means I have to wait to download new books until the loan period of 2 weeks has run out. Why can't we delete the books ourselves anymore? Seems an unnecessary and pointless change. However, I do like the renew feature.
Great to be able to read or listen to books wherever I go. Easy to 'borrow' and 'return' books.
To the person who said s/he couldn't return books: go to Bookshelf and press down on the title until the blue menu bar appears at the bottom then select Return.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 30 October 2013
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2013 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.