OverDrive – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
• New dyslexic font option
• Bug fixes, including a fix for problems playing some audiobooks
Problems fixed- great app!
This app worked great initially. I could download different formats, EPUBS, open EPUBS etc. and read them within 20 seconds of borrowing it.
With the recent update, I've lost that option. Now I can only download EPubs for offline reading. With books which are only in the 'open EPub' format, I can't download them as it cites invalid file source 3001. What's worse is when I try to return these early, the return button has disappeared. There's no way for me to return these books until the end of the lending period. Now my lending limit is nearly maxed out with books which I can't return.
I used to love using this app as it made reading into a really accessible activity. However, the basic problems need to be addressed in updates, instead of adding problems with the updates. I've tried the solutions in your app support but none of them are working. Please fix these soon!
Update: these problems have been fixed for me! Not too sure what/who I can attribute the solution to but thanks!
This is a very useful app. The only thing that I would like to be added is for the ebooks that you download to be available on all of your devices. There is currently no option to sync ebooks through an overdrive account onto another device.
I love this app.
It's a great app and is easy to use. Just wish I had an option to remove books as soon as I have read them. I have put many others onto this app and they love the app too.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 31 March 2015
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2015 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.