Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or use your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Type vertically in your entire document or in an individual text box
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Slick and functional, now faster and less buggy
Updating my review now that Apple has addressed some of the previous issues!
I've used and loved the desktop version ever since it came out, and the first iPad version as well, and both were excellent.
Pages for macOS desktop is phenomenal. No, really this is pertinent. It is a masterpiece of genius which should have a tablet companion. - Not a replacement, mind you, that would defeat the strengths of each platform. Apple has hit this mark very well with this version of Pages for iOS.
Finally, after struggling with slow and buggy performance for several versions - even across various devices - Pages is back at the head of the pack:
- It's fast. At last. Like actually quick to use, with little to no lag on all functions I've tested so far.
- Cloud sync is a thousand times better. I don't like not having locally stored versions of documents on my iPad, but at least the system is functional, seamless and fast now.
- Usability within a document is excellent. I've tested the bejingoes out of it, and it's acceptably fast on my iPad Air 2. I did once get a keyboard issue where the backspace key jammed on until I lowered the keyboard, but nothing else so far.
All in all, a very worthwhile app to own or upgrade to, and a brilliant combo with Pages for Mac.
So five stars from me!
I dont often give negative feedback but this app is truly unproductive. Documents that I spend hours writing and I save it sit in the folder but when I click on it a prompt comes up saying ‘file doesn’t exist’. This is truly poor workmanship by Apple. I have an apple pro so that I can be mobile for work and this constantly makes work harder and more frustrating.
Get it right Apple.
Losing new documents
After this update I loss any new document, even after seeing that it is saved to the cloud, on reopening the pages app. Also if I import a Word document to Pages, every time I open that Word document it makes another copy in Pages. This last update is very poor! Please fix it as soon as possible as I use this app all the time! Thanks.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 549.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.