By Fabio Soldati
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The mountains are calling! Explore more mountains than any mountaineer! PeakFinder Earth makes it possible… and shows the names of all mountains and peaks with a 360° panorama display.
This functions completely offline - and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 350'000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Winner of several prizes like 'Best of AppStore', 'App of the Week', …
Highly recommended by macnewsworld.com, nationalgeographic.com, smokinapps.com, outdoor-magazin.com, themetaq.com, digital-geography.com, …
••• Features •••
- Works offline and worldwide
- Includes more than 350'000 peak names
- Overlays the camera image with the panorama drawing
- Realtime rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
- Digital telescope to select less prominent peaks
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Selection of the viewpoint by GPS, the peak directory or an (online) map
- Can fly like a bird from peak to peak and vertically upwards
- Shows the solar and lunar orbit with rise and set times
- Uses compass and motion sensors
- Weekly updates of the peak directory
••• Ratings •••
Every good rating (including those following updates) makes me happy. The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. Many thanks!
••• Support •••
In case of questions, problems, mistakes, missing mountain names and ideas for future expansion, I am happy to help you. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 3.2.8
••• Augmented reality •••
For a long time many of you have asked for an option to combine the image of the camera with the panorama drawing. I've finally implemented this feature in this newest version and so PeakFinder now also supports true augmented reality.
••• Image adjustment •••
By pressing the camera button you can overlay the image of your camera with the panorama drawing. Lookout for a prominent mountain around you or for the sun position. Then drag the panorama drawing to the correct postion of the camera image.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 29 September 2017
- Version: 3.2.8
- Size: 41.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Fabio Soldati
- © 2017 PeakFinder Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.