* Best mobile app, Videomaker Best Products of the Year - 2014
* One of Time's 50 Must-Have iPad Apps - April 2013
* Two time PCmag.com Editor’s Choice Award winner and 4.5/5 stars – April 2012 & Feb 2013
* 148apps.com - 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Pinnacle Studio Pro is universal! Now one purchase gets you the same great app on your iPad and iPhone!
Perfect for mobile journalists and creative filmmakers! Big-screen moviemaking comes to the touchscreen with Pinnacle® Studio Pro. Our leading film-editing technology brings you an easy-to-use app that enables you to quickly edit video, audio, and photos at the speed of your creativity.
Swiftly arrange your clips in the Storyboard, make precision edits using the Timeline and Dual View Precision, and add high-quality transitions, effects, and a soundtrack. Enjoy HD output support and share your movie directly to YouTube, Facebook, Box and more—or export your project to Pinnacle® Studio for the PC and continue editing with even more advanced tools.
Easily Access Your Media
• Work with any media on your device—video, audio, and photos
• Access media from external devices via an Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
• Access media from Box, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
• Capture video and photos from within the app
• Use “Open-In” feature to open compatible files from other apps
• Download media from iCloud Photos directly from the app Library
• Easily navigate your project with intuitive gestures
• Swiftly arrange clips in the Storyboard
• Make precise edits and trim individual frames in the Timeline and Precision Trimmer
• Easily replace one clip with another
• Create slow motion and fast motion effects for video and audio and maintain audio pitch (fully supports 120 and 240fps slo-mo video files)
• Use Montage templates to create multi-layer 3D animations, transitions, and titles
• Help your story flow using 16 transitions—including high-quality dissolves, fades, and more
• Generate professional-looking motion titles and graphics with full control over text, font, color, size, position, and rotation
• Create amazing Picture-in-Picture effects with full control over position, size, and rotation
• Pan and zoom on your photos to create high-impact slideshows
• Enjoy full-screen playback
• Use your own audio or choose from the included sound effects
• Purchase from a selection of Triple Scoop Music tracks
• Trim audio to any length, set levels, and fade audio in or out
• Use the Voiceover feature to add documentary-style narration to your videos and slideshows
• View and adjust audio levels in realtime with the professional Audio Mixer
• Easily share your movies via YouTube, Facebook, Cloud-storage, Airdrop and more
• Export projects with media to Pinnacle Studio for Windows
• Enjoy professional 2K and 4K support on the latest devices and full 1080p output support on any iPad or iPhone
• Export at 24, 25, 30, 50 or 60 fps (older iPads and iPhones may have limited support for higher frame rates)
Pro Technology, Pro Results
• Easy enough for the hobbyist, powerful enough for the pro
• Improvements for iOS 10
• Fixed issue with scrolling to end of font list
• Minor performance improvement
Ratings and Reviews
A substantial wee editor. It's taken me a few wee small plays to get the hang of it, its quite simple but having said that I am still learning . I am also quite happy to learn through trial and error . Its very stable I can't remember it having a hissy fit. It does what it says it is going to do in a predictable sort of way. As far as I can see it has everything a home user would want and more . Would be useful with instructional videos you can annotate photos with your App of choice and then add a verbal explanation.
It comes with a comprehensive manual which is easily understood
Pinnacle studio is a good advanced video editing program.
It has never crashed at all (lower devices will crash), but it is good if you are making videos just from your iPad camera or a GoPro. The aesthetics look nice at first, but after using it, it looks a little windows XP-ish (the montages and titles look slightly primitive).
It is not simple to use, but it is not tricky either.
Because there are many features, I will put the good, and bad, into a list:
Has a range of titles and montages
Has three tracks of audio
Uploads to apps quickly
Can save an editable project to the cloud
Is partially cloud based
Takes up less space than iMovie
There are lots of transitions
Would like support for 4k video
Updated backgrounds to the montages
Support for over 8 megapixel photos
Video filters (like iMovie)
Does the basics well enough. This not a full featured video editing app like you would find on Windows, but so far it seems to be a good video editor app for on the go. I'd like to see multiple video tracks and other standard features added in new versions. The interface while mostly intuitive did have me puzzled for a while when trying to trim clips. The help doc helped clear that up though.
- Corel Inc.
- 237.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Corel Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Cloud Connection Pack $8.99
- Rotating Perspectives Theme Pack $4.99
- Film Strip Theme Pack $4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.