Pixeljima is a vertical scrolling shoot-em-up that features retro-style 8-bit like graphics. It's quite difficult! Can you beat all six levels?
The game is set in the Pacific theater of World War II in 1942. Famous battles in that theater include the "Attack on Pearl Harbor", the "Battle of Coral Sea", the "Battle of Midway", through to the "Battle of Iwo Jima" near the end of wwii where the game gets its name.
Progression is a big feature of the game, where you collect stars to buy new aircraft, and aircraft upgrades. Stars collected also count towards your air force rank, and you can earn medals. As you get stronger, you will able to force deeper into the levels.
You fly an American Lockheed P-38 Lightning airplane against all kinds of Japanese airplanes including Mitsubishi A6M's and Aichi D3A's. The opposition gets stronger as you progress through the levels. You fight mini-bosses through levels, end-of-level bosses, and new types of aircraft like helicopters appear. Watch out for ground targets too, and sneaky planes attacking from the side!
You can control your war bird with the touchscreen (each aircraft has different speeds, levels of speed upgrades, and they slow down when damaged). The plane shoots automatically. Upgrade your hawk to carry bombs under the wings for extra wwii shmup goodness!
- Retro-style pixel art graphics for 80s arcade nostalgia!
- 5 levels of in-game weapon upgrades on your plane
- Progressively more difficult enemies
- Full support for phones and tablets
- 7 different player planes to spread your wings with
- Multiple weapon, armor, engine and utility upgrades for each plane
- Earn stars to buy upgrades and rank up
- Earn medals (with hawk or falcon emblems and up to medal of honor)
If you have any suggestions to make "Pixeljima 1942" even better please tell us!
New mission: Battle of the Coral Sea (the worlds first carrier battle).
New high score leader board for Coral Sea.
Updated achievement icons.
Ratings and Reviews
Back when spacies were called spacies this was awesome then and is still good today.. really nice game with upgrades and new planes to buy really get a feel for the ww2 theme
- Owairakasoft Limited
- 251.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017-2018 Owairakasoft Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Lockheed P-38 weapon 1 $1.69
- Air Force Academy $6.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.