Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
With our latest update, PlantSnap now works in every continent on Earth! Our algorithm recognizes 90% of all species on the planet, with over 500,000 species in our searchable database.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Snap a picture with your camera, plug the picture into PlantSnap and watch the Plant Database name the plant!
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 500,000 plant species in our worldwide database, most with photos and descriptions.
• More than just flowers and trees- PlantSnap has mushrooms, succulents, cactus and more
• PlantSnap covers over ALL of the plants worldwide and hopes to fully cover almost every known plant species on Earth soon!
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is learning 50,000 new species per month
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Rediscover nature with the help of a botanist in your pocket.
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
• Connecting to nature can be good for mindfulness or spirituality. Whether you’re an avid hiker on the trails or a botanist in a garden, quickly gain knowledge of the plants around you.
• Vacationing in another country? PlantSnap isn't just for the flowers in your garden. We have a global database of plants and works wherever you are!
Stop wondering what those plants, flowers or trees are called, and instantly know their name by snapping a picture! Have access to our growing Plant Database, and stay up-to-date on new plant species!
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
With the launch of iOS 12 we are excited to bring you a fresh new look and a handful of new features:
• Auto-detection of flowers and leaves for seamless recognition (iOS 12 required). No more framing your snaps - just tap one of the detected plants and have it identified in the blink of an eye.
• Our brand new explore screen, where you can check the map for nearby plants.
• A fully redesigned login/register screen with great improvements to known issues.
• A brand new Inbox where you will see all notifications for the snaps you sent for manual identification.
• The User and More tab are now combined in one, for easier and more intuitive navigation.
• An overall update to the app design.
And that's all coming with an update to our plant database, which now has over 585,000 species and an update to our identification algorithm, which will now bring you even better results!
Have fun snapping and let us know what you think at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
This App does not work as claimed.
I've been gardening for over 40 years and desperately wanted this app to work.
It's smart algrothems to identify plant genus are dumb at best. It's interface guesses wrong then gives 5 options for me to choose from???? The options they offer quite often dont even look close to what i have just photographed, so i enter a reference name for later.
Once home i have no way of editing my collection names once further researched.
I cant even delete entries that i later realise are incorrect or have a better image of.
Annoyed and disapointed.
Sorry for your trouble, Hannick! Hundreds thousands of people use PlantSnap every day with great success, so PLEASE let us help you become one of those. We don't mean this as an insult, but it is very clear that you didn't watch the instructional video or read the directions. PlantSnap is 94% accurate with proper photos on the 200,000+ species we have trained. Also, there IS an easy way to edit your collection. And YES, you CAN delete entries. Please watch the instructional video, read the welcome email, and write to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you. Here are hundreds of videos demonstrating how to Snap and frame photos properly with PlantSnap:
And here is an independent review from NBC News: http://www.9news.com/life/whats-that-plant-called-take-a-photo-and-this-new-app-can-tell-you/460326065
Wow! Identified immediately
I found a plant while weeding and thought it was pretty so I looked up an app to take a picture and identify it. I found PlantSnap and tried it. Wow the first suggestion was correct. I double checked their answer and it was dead on. I’m impressed.
Thanks for being a part of PlantSnap, Ernesto! Please write to email@example.com if you need help or have questions in the future.
Fantastic from the start
I have several cactuses, gourds, squashes, and succulents in my house, so this really helped me figure out what they’re called and how to take professional care of them, and also some of their uses. I am quite satisfied.
Thanks for being a part of PlantSnap, Megane! Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have questions in the future.
- PlantSnap, Inc.
- 162.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PlantSnap, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.