Pokémon GO has now introduced social and trading features that allow Trainers to connect with each other by adding friends, sending Gifts, and participating in a new Friendship level system that unlocks bonuses. Trainers can now trade Pokémon with other Trainers nearby, earning a Candy Bonus for the Pokémon received.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 800 million times and named "Best Mobile Game" by The Game Developers Choice Awards and "Best App of the Year" by TechCrunch.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Compete in epic Gym battles
You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side. As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
Team up to defeat powerful Raid Bosses
A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of June 18, 2018.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the "Health App Data").
- Trainers of all ages welcome! But if a Trainer is a child, parental consent is required. Please see the Terms of Service for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Research Tasks Give you Legendaries
The research task feature is an amazing addition. I only started playing again because of it, daily quests are a great way to get more involved. Giving those who dont have friends playing with them A CHANCE TO CATCH LEGENDARY POKEMON, they are also adding Aloan pokemon to the game.
Pokemon go is constantly being updated, there are cool events to catch your favorite shiny every month, events about cleaning up the planet, new legendaries, just constant content. This game isnt dead just because not everyone plays it, it’s only getting better. So pick it up again and see just how much they’ve changed
The one review at the top is outdated, misinformed and probably written by 9 year old who doesn’t understand how games work. The game is huge, each pokemon having their moves added into it. Is plain stupid, get realistic. Its a phone game, for free. If you want more realistic pokemon battles then go buy a 3DS.
Notice before updating
It would be nice if we were given a few days notice, maybe 3 or 4, that the game is going to update. It’s kind of annoying when I turn on my data to play, only to face the screen telling me to update to continue. I would prefer to update it via wifi, not using data.
Otherwise it’s great, had no issues other than it freezing once i close and then reopen it, which means I just have to clear the active apps and then reopen it.
ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO MAKE THE BATTLES FUNNER
We’ll Pokémon go has made GYM BATTLES? well really are they cool battles do they take Skill no , they take skill those gym battles. Any ways what I want in the gym battle
S to get ... A BETTER VERSION LIKE INSTEAD OF TAPING THE SCREEN AND DOING NOTHING ELS BUT TAP ... IT SHOULD BE LIKE this ... you can have a strong Pokémon but the other player could have a lot more skill at battles like you could tell your Pokémon to jump in the air to dodge the enemy and also shot fire at the enemy Pokémon and like pikachu use IRON TAIL and PIKACHU DODGE , PIKACHU JUMP , PIKACHU DO SOME THING THAT MAKE ME NOT HAVE TO KEEP TAPING THE SCREEN AND NOT THINK ABOUT HAVING TO LOSE COZ MY POKÉMON IS STRONGER. and thank you for listening. Tell me when you have added it in the game then I’ll play Pokémon GO
- Niantic, Inc.
- 267.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2018 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2018 Pokémon. © 1995-2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $8.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $16.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.