Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** New Features **
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• Documents support to import images and export results to any installed cloud services (including iCloud Drive)
• 1 extension available from the built-in Photos app: Crop & Cleanup
• 3 extensions (or Actions) available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Improved OCR preprocessing for better recognition results
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, German, English, Basque, Belarussian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Swahili, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Text-to-speech available through in-app purchases: 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages for reading scanned texts
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
• Handoff support
• Full 64-bit support
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at email@example.com
- Optimized for iOS 12 and display sizes of lastest devices.
- Updated the translation service for future proofing.
- Fixed a bug where Prizmo could fail to initialize the iCloud root folder.
Ratings and Reviews
If all you want to scan is business cards...
…then this is the app for you. It has really lacklustre results scanning anything else I've tried; if the image is at all noisy or colourful it seems to have a fit and can't cope with it. The whiteboard scanning feature is essentially useless, it's merely taking a photo of a whiteboard and offering some upload or email options (marginal improvement over the standard camera roll).
To its credit the business card scanning function seems to work admirably well, but for the price of this app I feel it should do more. What about handwriting recognition from whiteboards? Or some decent OCR for printed text that's not just lines on a page? Those would be worth paying for - as it is, this is expensive junk.
Brilliant OCR App!
Easy 5-star app. Stands out way above the other scanning apps! The strengths of this app is the multiple column OCR feature that makes this app as powerful as a desktop app, and saving you heaps of time. I use this app for research purposes, scanning & OCRing newspaper and book columns. Then I export my notes to Evernote. The Read-aloud features would be a real bonus for eyesight impaired users as well. Defiantly consider spending the extra $$$ on this app than the other single-column scanners.
Best OCR app EVER
I bought and tried ALL of them, believe me. THIS is the one to spend your money on. Worth every freaking cent!
- Creaceed SPRL
- 75.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Creaceed SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Rachel - UK English Female Voice $4.99
- Lucy - UK English Female Voice $4.99
- Heather - US English Female Voice $4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.