Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever find yourself wandering around Australia somewhere and seeing those grey clouds on the horizon and wonder if you're going to make it to cover in time? Or if you need to go buy another umbrella on your way home? RainRadarAU (formerly BOMRadar) can help. Displaying a sequence of real time radar images sourced from the Bureau of Meteorology, RainRadarAU shows the direction and intensity of the rain on your selected radar. With this information you can judge how long it will take for rain to reach you, and maybe when a gap will appear for you to escape.
*NOTE*: This application shows Australian rain radar information only.
* Selectable radar distances 64km/128km/256km/512km to see a small/big picture of the rain
* Wind Doppler radar on selected radars showing wind speed/direction
* Current weather observations to for current temperature, wind speed/direction, and rain fall since 9am in various locations.
* National radar and satellite map
* Zoom the radar map using pinch and pan to get a closer look
* Double tap to zoom in/Two-Finger double tap to zoom out
* Turn on/off extra layers for each radar including: Observations, Topography, Roads, Railway
* Your current GPS location indicated on map
* Locate radars closest to you using your current GPS location
* Image cache for storing frequently used image backgrounds
* Add favourite radars to quickly jump between radar locations or to load on start
* "On Launch" option to load straight into Closest Radar, Top Favourite or National Radar
* Automatic updating of radars
* Retina quality icons/legends
* Fast downloading and updating of images
What's New in Version 2.2.3
* Fixed issue where radar wouldn't load if using the "Next Closest" button.