Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is a great companion to Apple TV or iTunes. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. Connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC to play from your library as if you’re in front of your computer. Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
Control your Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Use simple gestures to navigate Apple TV
• Control the song, movie or TV show that's currently playing
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, movie and TV show artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Device with iOS 7 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
• Apple TV (4th generation) requires tvOS 9.1 or later
Note for Apple TV (4th generation):
Remote app is designed to provide simple navigation, text input, and control with the new Apple TV. Features such as Siri, volume control, or using the accelerometer or gyroscope for game play are only made possible with the Siri Remote.
What's New in Version 4.2.3
Remote app adds support for the new Apple TV (4th generation) providing similar functionality as it did with Apple TV (3rd generation) for text input, navigation and control.
Great App - Volume functionality for direct AppleTV usage??
I love the concept of the app, however some functionality that I would presume to be very straight forward.. Is not available when using on AppleTV 4th Gen - volume for example? I can switch songs and view 'Now Playing' but have no opportunity to change the volume?? Or, in particular apps the touch function does not work - at all. Maybe this is because I still have my AppleTV remote connected anyway, or even that my iPhone5s doesn't have force touch - But Apple being Apple, I would presume there would be an alternate solution for this? It would be great if I was able to view my Apple Music account, similar to the screenshots advertising this app, but I'm presuming those screen shots are controlling alternate devices rather than AppleTV..? Hopefully in the next release Apple can fix some of these things up. :) Otherwise, very useful app. But as it stands, if Remote Mouse brought out an AppleTV companion app.. Their functionality is definitely closer to what I would have expected to come out of an apple app.. I would definitely choose their app over this one.
Used to be a great app
Recently, however, buggy as hell. Will only connect with iTunes when I first open iTunes - but if left long enough to lock or if I exit the app, it is no longer able to find iTunes, even if I reboot the app. Also, iTunes seems to have no option to manually pair the remote, in spite of the help page saying there is a "remote" button, I've been unable to find it
Glitchy and drops connection easy.
When it's working this is great. But more than often it's not working. It glitches trying to connect to Apple TV. With a $1400 phone and a $200 Apple TV device surely The remote app should work flawlessly.
I've been watching all the Steve job movies and interview.. I swear he would have a bar of this. Sort it out.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 09 December 2015
- Version: 4.2.3
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.