Shooter is an external ballistics calculator designed to bring you highly accurate solutions quickly. Shooter accomplishes this by saving your firearm and ammo data and makes it easily selectable upon loading the app as well as providing features like Kestrel and WeatherFlow integration to import your atmospherics via Bluetooth. Shooter has successfully aided hunters, marksmen and sniper teams for years.
Some key features:
* An extremely accurate, fast and proven ballistics solver created by Berger Bullet's chief ballistician and champion shooter Bryan Litz
* Save firearm and ammo data as profiles so you don't have to continually entering the same constant data over and over each time you want a calculation
* You probably have several firearms and loads. It's tedious entering all this data on a handheld device. With Shooter, you can login to a web interface using your PC at http://manage.shooterapp.net and enter/manage all your firearm/ammo data then simply sync it to your device.
* Finger-controlled graphical wind dial for easy wind angle input
* Online profile backup included at no extra charge
* Built-in large bullet library to make it simpler to add your ammo profiles. Shooter now supports syncing bullet data from the cloud in order to provide quicker updates for newly released bullets
* Supports Coriolis Effect and Spin Drift calculations; Can get your Latitude and Azimuth for Coriolis Effect using GPS and compass.
* Automatic-atmosphere input using your GPS location and nearest weather station
* Zero-atmosphere support. This will auto-account for changes to your zero when shooting in a different atmosphere
* Solution screen which allows for extremely quick and easy changing of shot distance, wind or lead speed
* Load atmospherics from Kestrel 5000-series, Kestrel DROP 1/2/3 or WeatherFlow WeatherMeter
* Graph bullet path, drift and velocity with ability to compare up to 6 loads at once
* Velocity Calibration tool which helps you determine your muzzle velocity.
* Email trajectory table output
* Full metric support
For more information and operation manual, please visit http://www.shooterapp.net/manual.php
- Redesigned Wind Angle dial.
Ratings and Reviews
Best ballistics program for iPad
I tried all the ballistic program's on the iPad and I think this is the best. Why? You can do range calculations, has a good bullet library, you customise your drop results, you can chose mil or moa ( most apps don't have a mil option) and you can sync to other devices.
Would be good to able to print out your own tables thou in a format of choice, or export to excel.
Save time and money and download this app first.
Purchased this for my iPad, was really impressed until the latest update removed the solution screen. Wish I could go back to previous version
Didn’t work well for me.
The weather sync features are cool, however whenever I changed units to metric, the app just has a melt down and changes my range to 21475936 yards. I also cannot change my ranging increments from 50m, this is not ideal as some of the Hunting rifles I wanted to use the app for are 22lr.
- Kennedy Development Group, LLC
- 5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Kennedy Development Group, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.