Privacy is possible. Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real-time with all of your friends at once, and share media and other files with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end-to-end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source and peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so that you can have private conversations with all of your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group information like the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Messages are delivered quickly and reliably.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• Sometimes it's easier to say things in the dark, but are you brave enough to enable the new theme? The full moon won't appear in the night sky until October 24th, but you can look for the moon icon in the top-right corner of your Signal Settings today.
• The conversation screen is now displayed instantly when you tap on a contact to start a new thread. Say something new to someone new before you even have a chance to lose your nerve.
Ratings and Reviews
Signal is the best messenger program available today
Signal is fast easy seems to be much more secure than anything else I have encountered and keeps me reliably in touch with my family overseas. It does not seem to steal my information for marketing and other purposes as does every other messenger program I have seen. Signal is brilliant I highly recommend it
I enjoy using this app I have used it for sometime. I like the fact communication is kept private. Not that your discussions have any I’ll intent but more that I feel it’s our right to have freedom to communicate freely without the worry of it ever being monitored hacked or disclosed. Many thanks to all those who work behind the scenes to make this possible.
Seems to have been abandoned
I’m concerned about using a client that doesn’t use relevant basic OS functions that have been around for years. I can’t see how security can be guaranteed without regular development.
Sharing extensions were introduced back in iOS 8, we’re now on iOS 11 and still nothing. It’s concerning that the developers of Signal have been asleep for three years, and makes me wonder if the security of Signal has been maintained during that time.
- RIDDLE QUIET VENTURES, LLC
- 105.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Open Whisper Systems
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.