Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Join over 300 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4.
Message friends and send photos in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos.
- Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem.
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPhone
- Skype WiFi
• iOS 5 or above.
• Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini.
• Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
What's New in Version 4.19
• General improvements
A little bug fix please?
I instant message a lot from my iPad, but sometimes other people's ims come in a few hours after they sent it, and this is really annoying. It also sometimes alerts me when I send messages to other people on im which I think is pointless :P
None of my previous messages are there
It says the new update helps with syncing various devices quicker, but I've been sitting here for a good ten minutes and nothing has loaded at all. Possibly a glitch, because while it's loading, I'm unable to return to the contact screen or open the keyboard. I suggest tweaking so it only loads about half a days worth of messaging, meaning less time I have to wait for messages I'm not going to read again.
I find it highly annoying that I can't view shared photos on the app version of Skype. I know others have had the same issue. Also, calls don't always come through even though I'm signed in and using the app. It seems to have problems syncing with the pc version when they are both on.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 17 November 2014
- Version: 4.19
- Size: 31.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$6.49