The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimised to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalised messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons and Mojis, and react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 25 participants, group chat with up to 300 people and plan or play with bots, add-ins and personalised features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Effortlessly set the mood: Quickly choose a list of mood messages that match your sentiment and change out the emoticon to match.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I am a pensioner and love the Skype app. I am looking after my daughters children while she is overseas and it is the most important thing I can use to keep in contact. Most times it is really good there are odd days it cuts out but a wonderful help to me
I sent this review some time ago but I feel exactly the same way. My daughter works in Afghanistan and it is just wonderful to be in constant contact with her while I am looking after her two sons. I am 84 so as you can imagine it really helps me. I can remember when she worked in Japan in the nineties and we had to work out when to make a phone call and had to keep it short because it cost a lot of money then. Thank you Skype
Some problems, some times . . . . . . .
Most times a brilliant connection and accasionally a break in the link but most times all good.
What l cant fathom is why my contacts are most times shown off line when they say they are not. One of my friends tells me that my connection says l am away while l am online video talking to them. I have to guess and call blindly and hope they are there.
Beyond all that it is brilliant to see and talk to folk using Skype.
Would not be without it now, so many thanks to all at Skype.
When selecting someone from Skype contacts you need to be able to see the contacts phone numbers to be able to select which number to call this does no seem available on my Skype it used to be available on my old Skype ???. Comments please.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 143.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up $8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.