Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with lots of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made amazing: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favourite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any Highlights with amazing emoticons or send a private message about that Highlight. Your Highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.2.1
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you.
Here's what's new:
- General performance and stability improvements.
- Share photos and links to Skype from other apps.
- Delete contacts – the ability to add or remove contacts from their profile.
- The new Skype now supports all iOS 9.0 (or later) iPhones.
Awful! Bring back the older layout and functionality
It's not often that I really hate an app, but what has Microsoft done to their latest version of Skype. I'm using it on iPhone 7 and I detest it, and it looks like I'm not the only one. It's so annoying that you can't filter by online contacts, it's clunky to navigate around. Please bring back the old version!!
New Skype awful
New Skype update!! Changed everything I know. App isn't like original. Call has weird annoying tone. There is a heart feature I can't remove. The layout gives too much option. So confusing just to log out. This version is overrated Skype should have left the original as is. No impressed. Want to old one back. How do I downgrade?!
Can't call mobiles of my skype contacts
Skype doesn't show mobile and landline of my skype contacts, have to type it with dial pad every time. It's annoying.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 21 July 2017
- Version: 8.2.1
- Size: 91.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$7.49