An amazing app for easily creating, sharing and printing educational social stories, visual schedules, and beautiful memories.
This is a very valuable tool for any teacher, SLP, OT, direct care staff or parent!
Children with special needs often need more direct instruction of social skills. Teaching social skills to any child may be easier and less stressful when visual supports, like social stories are used. The social stories found in this app explain accurate social information and ensures that your child will know what to expect in different situations.
• Easily create stories with pictures, recordings and text.
• Share and receive created stories with other users.
• Print PDFs of stories to have paper copies.
• Stories can be made in any language.
• Ability to purchase an entire library of over 20 pre-made social stories at one discounted price.
• Organize stories into categories for particular skills, students or classrooms.
• Lock students into categories or apps to limit access.
• Create and play stories offline (with no internet connection).
• Easy to use, intuitive format.
• Can be used to make visual schedules or other types of visual prompts.
Social stories are an important type of visual support often used with children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, Down syndrome or other special need. This social stories found in this app use simple text and descriptive pictures to explain the why and how of different social skills.
Social interactions may be especially difficult for children with an autism spectrum disorder, adhd, or other social delay. Many children, especially those diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, Down syndrome and other special need, often fail to pick up on social cues, making learning a social skill especially difficult. Social stories may increase awareness and maintenance of social skills.
Social stories were first defined by Carol Gray in 1991 and are commonly used to break down a task or social situation into small and easy to understand steps, often accompanied by descriptive pictures. Social stories are incredibly easy to implement and are used by many professionals for a wide range of behaviors.
See what our reviews are saying about us!
“Wonderful app!! I am able to upload my own photos, record my own voice, and design however the story for my child! I can also upload pre-made stories. Other apps cast $30-50 for the same awesome app! Thank you so much!!” –family games
“This was a great story app for my child” – Kennedml
“This app is great for my nephew who has autism, thank you!” – ImaniZG
“This app is really awesome” – yoursakar
“This app gives an excellent opportunity for a low price” –Sean Quigg
“I love the fact that you can customize this app to target a specific social skill.” – VPEslp25
• Fixed a bug with audio sometimes not stopping between pages.
• Fixed a bug with printing the Greetings Social Story
• Fixed a bug with viewing PDFs in iOS 8 & iOS 9
• Fixed a bug with selecting images
• Minor performance improvements.
• Added support for iOS 8 and iOS 9 so that users with older devices can receive all our new improvements! :)
• Now you can print any purchased pre-made Touch Autism stories with the Pro upgrade!
• Minor layout tweak and bug fix.
• Fixed issue with saving category image.
• Bug fixes and performance updates.
• Added the option to export story as a full or half page PDF.
This was one of our most requested features. When exporting a story you can now choose half page or full page PDFs.
• Added delete story confirmation dialog
Added a confirmation dialog before a story is deleted to prevent accidentally deleting a story.
• Optimized images exported in PDFs
PDFs will now export as a smaller file size because the images are being optimized.
• Fixed bug with the camera
In the previous version, the camera didn't work properly on some devices.
• Fixed bug with downloading stories.
Fixed a bug where some users needed to click the download story link twice to download a story.
• Fixed long story sharing bug.
In the previous version, some stories with more than 10 pages would have issues with sharing.
• Cleaned up the PDF sharing and printing functionality and added more sharing options.
The share and print PDF buttons have been combined into one, the new button opens a preview of the PDF, from the preview screen you have the option to print or share using one of many options such as email, airdrop, etc.
• Fixes crash on load
If you had in-app purchases disabled, the app was crashing when opened.
• Better photo selection options
Added option to select photos from albums not just recent photos.
• Bug fixes
Fixes a bug with font sizing.
• Change parent controls
You can now change the parent controls. You can pick between a simple math problem, Touch ID/Passcode or none at all.
• Lock the app to a story or category
The app can now be locked to a category or story to prevent your kiddos from having full access to the app.
• New font option
Are some of your kiddos having trouble reading our font? You can now change the font of the user created stories to Helvetica which is as easy to read as it gets.
• Printing stories updated
We improved the PDF creation process, it's faster, supports the new Helvetica font, and is easier to use.
• Swipe between story pages.
You can now swipe or tap to change the page when reading a story.
• Get all the pre-made stories at a discount
Would you like access to all our pre-made stories? You can purchase all the pre-made stories together and save 50%!
- Touch Autism
- 138.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2017 Touch Autism
- In-App Purchases
- Device Care Free
- Asking Someone to Play $2.99
- Pro Upgrade & All Stories $44.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.