Stuff.co.nz for your iPhone and iPad! Features include:
- Lots of topics you will love from Stuff - Business, Entertainment, Sport and more
- Regional sections for Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch/Canterbury, Waikato, Otago, Taranaki, Southland and more
- Weather updates for your location
- Videos and galleries and ways for you to submit news too!
- Easy swipe action between stories
- Complete the daily Stuff Quizzes on your iPhone & iPad
- Subscribe to notifications and breaking news
- Share stories via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail and more.
Keen to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click 'Report a bug' from the end of the Settings screen on the app
Hello iOS users, thank you all for your feedback. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- We’ve improved your home page experience. Now the home page more stable and smoother.
- Some of you reported that videos were not playing properly, that’s now fixed.
- We squashed a bug which was causing the app crash during log in.
- Some ads were obstructing the text while reading a story, that’s fixed too.
- Of course some usual bug spraying and other enhancements.
If you have any questions or feedback we'd love to hear from you email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Bad to worse
After the last upgrade to fix the problems - 5 May - its now even worse as it constantly freezes, or vanishes altogether after each article which actually opens properly. Even more old items reappearing, some 3-4 months old. Some sections overloaded with pre-read items. Seems like nobody can be bothered uncluttering.
As well, the previous complaints below still stand. Yes have contacted Stuff. They have eventually responded - apparently its 'my fault' as IOS I run is 'unstable' even though their app clearly says Compatible. Interesting that this is the only app I run, including other news etc, with these constant crashes.
1. Randomly logging me out for no apparent reason.
2. So many old and outdated items hanging on for months, some even with later separate updates in same section. Instead of culling they just shuffle them around and sometimes change the date at the top.
3. Far too many duplications of items in different sections ... appearing in Home, and National, and Politics, and Regional and Business and Homed and Lifestyle. Aarrrggghhhh!
4. Items inviting participation ie. Click on green button, don't have a green button and are closed for comments so you can't.
Stuff is good for current content, but the app editing needs considerable smartening up to lose the old items so its interesting to read not repetitive boring same old same old.
Thanks for your feedback. We have been working on two improvements in response to the issues with the app freezing. One of the improvements doesn't require an update and we rolled out over the weekend, we hope that you are seeing better app performance as a result. The second improvement, we are looking to have in the next version of the app and will help users on IOS 10 and above.
Desperately needs fixing
This app is becoming increasingly frustrating. Stuff has always been my go-to for news articles. I like the variety of content. However, the app is worse than useless. The stories don't load properly anymore and I often find myself quitting the app without bothering to finish an article because it's such a time-waster to keep scrolling only to find it either won't scroll or is completely blank. I just now went to update the app in the hopes that the developer has fixed these bugs, but now the app won't load at all. I've tried shutting down my phone and restarting, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, etc, but nothing works. It's complete rubbish. I've put up with the freezing issues, the random logging-out issues for months in the hopes that the developer would do something, but now I'm ditching Stuff altogether and going to a different app.
Gets slower with every release
It displays the news. That’s the good part. Otherwise it just gets worse with every update in that everything just gets slower. Scrolling from the main page often just stops for 5 it 10 seconds at a time. Changed the text size from the default to something bigger? Now you get to wait for each story to load, and then load a second time in the bigger font. Try searching for a story on iPhone 6: each time you type a letter, you get to wait for 10 seconds while it apparently searches for every story ever written ever in the history of everything that includes that letter. Then type the second letter... all up, one of the least responsive and tedious apps going round.
- Stuff Limited
- 75 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Stuff Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.