By Mark Ashley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TalkBoard turns your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch into a communication aid and visual prompt board. TalkBoard is affordable because it does not come with built-in pictures or symbols, which many other apps charge extra for. You can easily use your own pictures and symbols to personalise the app to you, your children and your clients, without paying extra for symbols which you may never use! The boards shown in the screenshots below are purely for demonstration purposes, and are not included with the app.
Key features include:
- Full access to your Photo Library - use any image, photo or symbol you want in your boards, including photos stored in your Camera Roll
- Take pictures using the device's camera (if present)
- Branching - allow users to switch between boards by tapping or scanning board cells
- Record sounds on the device, and play back by tapping on pictures
- Backup and restore boards, and share them with other devices and users through iTunes or Bluetooth
- Visual timers incorporated into your boards
- Make your boards on the go with your iOS device, then print to a supported AirPrint WiFi printer or export to PDF to print from any PC or Mac
- Support for Boardmaker images with the free PicCutter tool for PC and Mac (symbols are not provided and are included in screenshots for illustration only)
- Hardware switch support with sequential/row-column and automatic/manual scanning, using RJ Cooper's bluetooth switch interface. Also supports mono and stereo auditory scanning
- Known Issues feature (in Settings) - please check this section before reporting any problems in case I am already aware of them
TalkBoard is great for teachers, Speech Therapists and parents of children and adults with:
- Language/communication difficulties
- Learning difficulties
- Physical disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy
What's New in Version 3.2
Fixes a serious bug which caused database errors when user names, board names or cell text contained an apostrophe. Users who have been experiencing database errors please update and try again. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 20 April 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mark Ashley
- © 2010 - 2015 Mark Ashley
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.