#1 RPG in 75 countries, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China!
Sync your saved games between iOS and Mac!
Includes classic games trilogy!
They said it couldn’t be done… a full-scale massive 3D epic role-playing game on iOS! See why it’s the BIGGEST iOS game ever made!
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions in the iOS version:
• Leaderboards—for accumulated Silver and Experience!
• Achievements—over 50 spread throughout the game!
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across your iOS devices.
• Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Classics Games—includes original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2 & 3.
• Supports 60beat® GamePad.
Universal App with Adaptive Rendering:
For a single low price, play on all your compatible* devices! The Bard’s Tale takes full advantage of your hardware to maximize your experience--including HD resolution and 60Hz video refresh on capable devices.** iOS adaptation by Square One Games.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
* Compatible with iOS 4.0 and higher on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3rd generation, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad, and iPad2&3.
** HD on iPhone 4S/5, iPad2,Mini,3&4, iPod Touch 5G. Enhanced rendering includes: environment mapping, dynamic water surfaces, full shadow cast, and 60Hz display-refresh (with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off).
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below.
IT IS HUGE!
Please note: Installation over Wi-Fi can temporarily require as much as 3.4GB of free space on your device.
Fix the Kunal Trow maps achievements.
Further layout tweaks for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a remarkable conversion, and contender for Best Game On iPad, in my opinion. The game itself has a few repetitive bits which can annoy, but the in-game transactions aren't mandatory (or necessary unless you're wanting a shortcut) and aren't thrown in your face like most other fermium games.
The amount of content here is great too. This is not a short game, and you'll get plenty of fun out of it.
As it is very linear, the replay ability may be limited... But there is a great interplay between the main character and the narrator. Lots of fun.
This is a game that pokes fun at itself, and the genre while being true to the play style.
I fully recommend it. Especially for this price!
Silly, fun… old.
This game is quite fun. There's certainly enough sass in it!
Being new to this game, the iPad version needs a little more. There's no explanation about the faces, nor the consequences. There's very little help understanding the combat or the quests. I'm bumbling through it & enjoying myself, though.
I realise this game hasn't been updated in a while. I do hope that changes. I've only just bought this game after having it on my wishlist for a few years. I'd hate to see it killed by software updates.
finally, a good RPG on iOS
great sound design, good story, the controls work quite well, I'm actually enjoying this! :) You can tell when game has had a lot of creativity poured into it.
- inXile Entertainment
- 1.8 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2004-2017 inXile entertaiment, inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Best Instrument: Ossian's Lute $4.99
- Bard Intensive Training $3.49
- Best Bow: Ddraig Goch $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.